Pneumatic Jockey Wheel

R U Sure

Have had a very helpful reply elsewhere on a page from FM02MZO - thanks again but perhaps Explorer/DW could provide the specifications of the pneumatic jockey wheel required to replace the standard fit plastic 200mm that came with my 2009 Odyssey 544.

Audi Q5 TDI Quattro - Swift Conqueror 570

R U Sure

BPW Limited in the UK have available the air tyre version of load indicator jockey wheels in stock part # CW6077

This can be ordered from BPW Uk and costs £78 inc VAT and Delivery.

BPW telephone number is 0116 2816100.

Hope this is of help

Regards

David

From 22/05/15 no longer working for Elddis

R U Sure

BPW Limited in the UK have available the air tyre version of load indicator jockey wheels in stock part # CW6077

This can be ordered from BPW Uk and costs £78 inc VAT and Delivery.

BPW telephone number is 0116 2816100.

Hope this is of help

Regards

David

Thanks David - you'll appreciate it's just the wheel I'm after if that's possible. You imply a whole assembly is necessary.

R U Sure

I believe that because you change to a air tyre from a solid tyre it affects the reading on the load indicator due to the deflection of the air tyre. Therefore a new load indicator is required which is calibrated for use with an air tyre.

If you contact Mark Longmore at BPW he will be able to explain what is necessary.

Regards

David

From 22/05/15 no longer working for Elddis

R U Sure

I believe that because you change to a air tyre from a solid tyre it affects the reading on the load indicator due to the deflection of the air tyre. Therefore a new load indicator is required which is calibrated for use with an air tyre.

If you contact Mark Longmore at BPW he will be able to explain what is necessary.

Regards

David

Thanks David - I need to give this some thought - my wallets getting very tired!

• 5 months later...

Thanks David - I need to give this some thought - my wallets getting very tired!

The tyre on the pneumatic version is dimensionally different (larger) than the plastic version and therefore requires a different yoke size. The forces on the wheel I think will be constant.

Landyman

I had a large Alko soft coated jockey wheel on my van which I have replaced with a pneumatic tyred wheel, you need to measure the yolk of your jockey wheel for width and also from the centre of the axle to the tube, I just get away with it and only have a slight rub on one point of the tyre. I was lucky the dealer was happy for me to take the wheel away to try and see if it would work- you may not be so lucky so take the jockey wheel assembly with you and you can judge by sight if it looks like it will work. If it is of any help the dimensions of the wheels are- Alko soft 250mm x 65mm and the pneumatic tyres all appear to be 260mm x 85mm so you really only need an extra 5mm from the centre of the axle to the tube for clearance and on the width I found the axle was packed out with spacers so I only had to remove some of the for fit. It cost less than £10 for the wheel and it I no longer have to listen to 75kg hammering down through the A frame when I move the van!

Should mention I was lucky with the wheel I had, there are a lot of different sized jockey wheels available remember to check the size of the current wheel as it may not be possible to change without buying a complete jockey wheel assembly which appear to sell on line from £20 up.

Edited by MrOmori

Insignia 2.0 SRi pulling a Series 6 Bailey Pageant Vendee gallery_23796_434_10025.jpg

R U Sure

Regards

David

If you stand on a bathroom scale you will weigh so much, if you stand on a air pillow on the bath room scale you will weigh the same plus the weight of the pillow. i. e. an air tyre will make no difference. On my 2008 Odyssey at first I had difficulty getting the nose weight down to the 75 kg for my Mazda, then I used two indepenant methods and found that Elddis's 100kg was actually 75kg. I spoke to my dealer who said that these built in guages are not very accurate and I agree with him.

On the subject, my dealer lent me a air wheel to try and I found that the fork width was no where near wide enough to fit the air tyre. Where I store my van, I find that the motor mover tends to cause the jocky wheel to dig in and I was hoping to try to improve matters. I will look into Mromori 's idea.

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017

• 2 months later...