Stolen In Broad Daylight

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I know how the owners will be feeling, been there and the thieving B******* will more than likely not be caught.

caravan stolen in broad daylight caught on CCTV

Thats un-believable but there again probably me being naive, Do you know what security measures the van had and how they were overcome, ie when the alarm sounded how did he manage to silence it so quickly. Good view in opening footage of the vermin getting out and can you read the number plate also what are police doing.

Astounded

Adrian

Sadly I know how the owners will be feeling, been there and the thieving B******* will more than likely not be caught.

I think it's good to know though that in the very unlikely event of them ever getting caught they will only get a few hours 'helping the community' !!

Bill

Guest John KS

It obviously didn't have a tracker or GPS alarm on it. Doesn't seem to make any difference how much security you have. Shows what a waste of time an alarm is if there is no one there.

If they want it they will have it. Looked liked our friends the travellers!!!!

Edited by John KS

Looking at the video isn't there a security post at the rear of the caravan, before they move the white van in front of the caravan, it's not there when they move the caravan, I presume they cut it away behind the white van out of view from any one passing.

If they want it it seems they will have, I wonder how many minutes longer it would have taken had the ALKO wheel locks been used.

Looking at the video isn't there a security post at the rear of the caravan, before they move the white van in front of the caravan, it's not there when they move the caravan, I presume they cut it away behind the white van out of view from any one passing. ......

Some of these posts leave the padlock quite exposed and easily cut off with a grinder. Modern slim slitting discs on a battery grinder will deal with a padlock in seconds. :o

Lunar Delta 520/2 towed by Omega 3. 0 Elite

Hi,

How many outfits do we all see on the road with odd number plates and if they're seen by the Police why are they not pulled? This would catch caravan thieves including the scum on the video as I didn't see them change the number plates. Having said that do we know that they weren't caught?

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Guest John KS
Hi,

How many outfits do we all see on the road with odd number plates and if they're seen by the Police why are they not pulled? This would catch caravan thieves including the scum on the video as I didn't see them change the number plates. Having said that do we know that they weren't caught?

Regards,

Ian.

More to the point, Ian, when do you ever see any Police????

I saw one in a 'tali-van' on the hard shouder of the M180 last week. Unfortunately he saw me before I saw him. :(

This post is from the victim.

The number plate was read or all possible permutations tried by the police I was told, but there was no such number registered. - Surprise!

I was also told by the police that they couldn't enhance the faces enough for positive photo-like IDs, but I think they are clear enough for anyone who might have a rough idea who they could be?

Odds on they are still stealing our caravans, so hopefully in the long run will get caught and clearly they had no idea they were on CCTV and making a feature film!- my cameras are hidden away!!!

Hi John,

That's true especially now that the Highways Agency now do a lot of what the Police used to do! Add in 'Safety Cameras' looking after speeding and you begin to see that traffic officers have been released to look after other crime. The problem is that th Highways Agency officers and safety cameras don't pick up on bad/eratic driving,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

This post is from the victim.

The number plate was read or all possible permutations tried by the police I was told, but there was no such number registered. - Surprise!

I was also told by the police that they couldn't enhance the faces enough for positive photo-like IDs, but I think they are clear enough for anyone who might have a rough idea who they could be?

Odds on they are still stealing our caravans, so hopefully in the long run will get caught and clearly they had no idea they were on CCTV and making a feature film!- my cameras are hidden away!!!

From the police's response, it doesn't appear that it makes any odds whether they knew or not. :blink:

Re The reg plate. Another well thought out idea by the current shower in goverment that dictates that the honest amongst us have to bend over backwards to get a reg plate made up. But if you're not honest, it's likely you'll know where you can get your plates made up on the QT :huh:

Just ten minutes and not even rushing about, Takes me longer to put all the kit on.

Hardly seems to be worth the effort, just as well hang a sign on saying help yourself.

Scum thats what they are.

Steve W

Edited by Steve W77

2015 SorentoKX2 pulling a 2011 Sterling Eccles Moonstone

B)-->

QUOTE(Andy B @ Mar 25 2009, 11:29 AM) 241846[/snapback]
I saw one in a 'tali-van' on the hard shouder of the M180 last week. Unfortunately he saw me before I saw him. :(
Whats a Tali Van??

B)-->

QUOTE(Andy B @ Mar 25 2009, 11:36 AM) 241852[/snapback]
From the police's response, it doesn't appear that it makes any odds whether they knew or not. :blink:

Re The reg plate. Another well thought out idea by the current shower in goverment that dictates that the honest amongst us have to bend over backwards to get a reg plate made up. But if you're not honest, it's likely you'll know where you can get your plates made up on the QT :huh:

What other response would you like?, the number was clearly false and the Photo ID would clearly not enhance to be good enough for evidence in court, so what else would you like the Police to do exactly??

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Andy B @ Mar 25 2009, 11:29 AM) 241846[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I saw one in a 'tali-van' on the hard shouder of the M180 last week. Unfortunately he saw me before I saw him. :(Whats a Tali Van??

. ......

Think about it . .. or Google it. :huh:

B)-->

QUOTE(Andy B @ Mar 25 2009, 12:26 PM) 241883[/snapback]
Just give out a crime ref number . ... what else?

As a serving officer, I can assure you that I am not interested in just dishing out crime numbers. I want to catch the b*******s as much as anyone else on here. I stop every dodgy vehicle I can on my patch but the the job is a nightmare with the resources we have (or don't have)!

The footage here is quite good and the MO and the reg numbers displayed will be fed into the force intelligence system so although they may not be caught immediately, there is still hope as I'm sure this will not be a one off for these . ..people.

Another issue, as hinted at in an earlier post is what happens to them once there is enough evidence to put them before the courts. I feel that we need stiffer sentences in this country to act a a real deterant. Magistrates are bending over backwards to avoid custodial sentences because of the pressure on prison capacity. Is it just me, or is it logical to use some of the millions squandered in some other quarters to build a few more prisons and make them tougher so that criminals are not having a pleasant time when they are there. I'm not saying criminals want to go to prison. .. they don't BUT once there, life is quite easy for them. .. where is the punishment there?

sorry. .. I've got on a soap box now. I will end now, go and put my uniform on and try to get some the B*******

Regards,

Sprite

What other response would you like?, the number was clearly false and the Photo ID would clearly not enhance to be good enough for evidence in court, so what else would you like the Police to do exactly??

Phil.

What I expect the police to do is nothing, what I would like them to do is to carry out what should be their primary function - PREVENT CRIME.

Once a crime is committed it's too late, some poor devil suffers. A visible policeman is a deterrent, but the low life's know that the cops are doing paperwork, sitting about behind speed cameras or swanning about putting up information notices.

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

Without wishing to cause offence - what was/is the point of the CCTV?

Personally, I wouldn't want the van back after that trash had been in it, I'd rather have the insurance money to get another.

I think I'd probably feel that way too. It just wouldn't feel the same again.

What I expect the police to do is nothing, what I would like them to do is to carry out what should be their primary function - PREVENT CRIME.

Once a crime is committed it's too late, some poor devil suffers. A visible policeman is a deterrent, but the low life's know that the cops are doing paperwork, sitting about behind speed cameras or swanning about putting up information notices.

Well, here goes, I am afraid you are incorrect in your statement, the primary function of the Police is not, nor never has been, crime prevention.

The paperwork comment i do agree with.

Swanning about putting up information notices?? this intrugues me, as in 32 years, i can safely say i never 'swanned' anywhere to put up any notices! What kind of notices do the Police put up where you live exactly?

Sitting about behind speed cameras, so i presume you don't think that speed enforcement is a Policng function then?

The favourite comments i remeber are, ''shouldn't you be out catching real criminals'' I suppose it depends on your definition of real criminals, if your child had been killed by a speeding motorist on his or her way home from school, would you class them as real criminals? i don't know.

What i do know, is that whatever the Police do, they simply can't win, so i gave up trying and just did my job.

Read the comments from the serving officer on this thread, i guarantee you 99. 9% of all serving officers feel like him!

Rant over, back to enjoying my hard earned retirement.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.