New Member From Sunny Bournemouth

Batteur

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum with limited caravanning experience.

I'm just in the process of buying a secondhand Lunar Ariva caravan, chosen because the access to my garden is not great and at 6' 8'' this will pass down the side of the house. My present car is an old Citroen 1. 9 straight diesel Berlingo, which, according to www. TowCar. com will be useless at towing this 970 kg van. I am thinking of buying a Citroen C4 Hatchback* (1. 6 16V VTi (120hp - petrol) - also because of the 1. 77m width.

I have read conflicting results as to the towing capability for this C4. On www. TowCar. com it comes out better than the diesel version. Is this possible? Looking forward to any replies.

* Not to be confused with the C4 Picaso.

Many thanks,

Gordie.

(as opposed to our moderator Gordon).

I am thinking of buying a Citroen C4 Hatchback* (1. 6 16V VTi (120hp - petrol)Many thanks,

Gordie.

(as opposed to our moderator Gordon).

I can't comment on the Citroën but I will welcome you to Caravan Talk and hope that others will be able to address your questions.

Regards,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Hi Gordie,

I'm not aware of anybody on here who has a C4 and I can't recall seeing any towing. Why not sign up to a Citroen forum and asking on there if you get no response on here?

From memory I seem to think that they are suitable fo towing as I was looking at the 2. 0l diesel version and I would have rejected it if it wasn't suitable,

Regards,

Ian

Edited by ian dunning

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Hi All,

I would like an opportunity to clear up one or two points after thanking those who have PM'ed me.

I am a person who likes to have a bit of fun and am the one of the major culprits for taking subjects off topic when I see an opportunity for a bit of a joke to lighten things a little. I have stated, in the past that if I post a topic and the issue is answered then the topic can meander wherever people want to take it.

My last post was not having a go at anybody/Mods/Admin I was making the point that I have been part of a situation where Mods have had to ask posters to go back on topic twice in a couple of days and that I'm always likely to do this. With that in mind I really don't think it's fair that I should carry on compromising the Forum if I'm causing upset after all there are people openly abusing others without me causing further trouble.

To sum up I shouldn't take subjects off topic but I can't help but having a bit of fun with people I regard as good friends, albeit in cyberspace, and I don't want to upset anbody as I think my role in life is to help and support others.

I hope that this Forum doesn't end up like others and end up as sterile and free of all fun because that's not what caravanning is about. ......isn't it :D ?

Once again I'm miles off topic but I hope nobody objects and thank you to those who have messaged me, but I would like to say a big sorry to Batteur for causing a bit of upset on his topic and I would say stick with this Forum because there are some good knowledgable people post on here.

Thank you all.

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by ian dunning

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.