Pong, And Les Sept Saints - Anyone Been There?

Hi

We've finally made the decision to go back to France this year, even though the euro rate is really bad, but my OH celebrates his 40th birthday and having looked at various options of holidays we have done full circle back to France.

We'd love to go back to La Pin Parasol, but the CC tell me that their allocation is full, however they can check with the site. So we are now looking at 6 nights in Pong, and 5 nights at Les Sept Saints as an option, haven't had a chance to check for availability.

Anyone had experience of these sites, please?

Despite the name, Camping Pong is spot on for a family holiday, a little away from the coast so a tad cheaper. Landevielle is a lovely village with a great restaurant, lots of wine caves around, and a bril market at Bretignoles. If you're there mid August look out for the firework show at Apremont - fantastic show!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

We shall be at Pong for 9 nights from 21st July, not been there before but it has been highly recommended. Oddly enough its my 40th as well :D Can't wait !

Regards
Ian

The last time we stayed at Pong they had their own vineyard and wine tasting was a regular event! A tad rough though! In the village there is a wine cave opposite what was the Camping Municipal that the local vineyard owners take turns to rent for direct selling. Some good tastings and bargains to be had! Unfortunately, Pong is a bit of a walk to this though not too far, obviously you wouldn't want to drink and drive.

• 1 month later...
The last time we stayed at Pong they had their own vineyard and wine tasting was a regular event! A tad rough though! In the village there is a wine cave opposite what was the Camping Municipal that the local vineyard owners take turns to rent for direct selling. Some good tastings and bargains to be had! Unfortunately, Pong is a bit of a walk to this though not too far, obviously you wouldn't want to drink and drive.

Booked for Pong July/August. First time abroad. hoping its ok. Wife is very nervous about non caravan club loos!

Anyone know how the pitching works? Are they allocated or first come first served? I asked CC for best available pitch when I booked and understand those near the newest loos are the best. All it says on my booking receipt is pitch special.

Jon

We will be there from July 21st, we have requested a bigger pitch. Hope we get one :huh:

Regards
Ian

We will be there from July 21st, we have requested a bigger pitch. Hope we get one :huh:

we arrive 25/7 for 15 days.

does anyone have any suggestions for an overnight stop? Am crossing dover-calais at lunch time and want to get as far as possible. Is Nantes do-able or would somewhere near le mans be more achievable? I want to be on site early if pitches are up for grabs!

R.

does anyone have any suggestions for an overnight stop? Am crossing dover-calais at lunch time and want to get as far as possible. Is Nantes do-able or would somewhere near le mans be more achievable? I want to be on site early if pitches are up for grabs!

R.

Use campings municipal (CM). Inland you'll have no trouble getting on. Nantes might be a tad far from Calais in a day towing. There's an excellent CM at Beaumont-sur-Sarthe, just north of Le Mans, and umpteen in the Loire Valley if you're using the autoroute from Orleans.

Use campings municipal (CM). Inland you'll have no trouble getting on. Nantes might be a tad far from Calais in a day towing. There's an excellent CM at Beaumont-sur-Sarthe, just north of Le Mans, and umpteen in the Loire Valley if you're using the autoroute from Orleans.

Thanks. does that mean its ok just to turn up at a site when I'm fed up of driving and chances are I will get on?

R.

As far as I know, users of larger caravans automatically get allocated a larger pitch. If you have booked through the CC as we have done, you will get what you have paid for. We went with Eurocamp last year and our pitch was more than adequate, even though it wasn't as big as the others. :angry:

Just look for the Lunar with the wonky awning and 4 kids and I shall have a cold beer if you fancy one ?

Regards
Ian

Thanks. does that mean its ok just to turn up at a site when I'm fed up of driving and chances are I will get on?

Precisely! Never failed to get on a CM, even in high summer.

Great, where is the best place for a list of details and locations of CM's?

Regards

Jon

Invest in the Caravan Club continental sites guide, which includes reviews of all categories of site used by members. There's also a useful map showing towns where sites are listed. For a comprehensive listing of CMs, you will have to get in touch with the Office de Tourism for each departement (=County) you are passing through as sites have to be licensed at this level.

Having said that, there aren't that many self respecting townships that don't boast a CM, (although a few open only July-Aug). For example, if you travel from Cherbourg to Nantes and come off on the old road at almost any township you'll be unlucky to have to drive more than 20 miles between CMs.

As far as I know, users of larger caravans automatically get allocated a larger pitch. If you have booked through the CC as we have done, you will get what you have paid for. We went with Eurocamp last year and our pitch was more than adequate, even though it wasn't as big as the others. :angry:

Just look for the Lunar with the wonky awning and 4 kids and I shall have a cold beer if you fancy one ?

cheers, may well take you up on that - particulalry if teenage daughter drives me nuts. Likewise if you spot an old scorpio with a **** brown isabella awning drop in for one!

Jon

• 1 month later...
Only 28 days to go, I am almost counting the hours. :D

Stayed at pong last year had a fantastic time there big pitches clean toilet block loads of wine caves around the area and a great bakery in landevielle. Site owners very helpful and friendly to hope you enjoy as much as we did. We are off to spain in 28 days

Richard

Richard Davies driving a Kia Sorento 2. 5 turbo pulling a Bailey Pageant Burgundy

Stayed at pong last year had a fantastic time there big pitches clean toilet block loads of wine caves around the area and a great bakery in landevielle. Site owners very helpful and friendly to hope you enjoy as much as we did. We are off to spain in 28 days

Richard

We're heading to Pong on Sunday and I phoned the CC today just to check everything. I'd booked a Special pitch but turns out they booked us an ordinary pitch, but there are Special pitches available and it'll cost us about £32 to change. We're tempted to go for as much room as possible and wondered is it worth the upgrade?

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're heading to Pong on Sunday and I phoned the CC today just to check everything. I'd booked a Special pitch but turns out they booked us an ordinary pitch, but there are Special pitches available and it'll cost us about £32 to change. We're tempted to go for as much room as possible and wondered is it worth the upgrade?

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ange 08

If i were you wait till you get there before upgrading,because when we arrived there last year the pitch allocated to us was to awkward for us to get into i asked to change and we had a great pitch close to the toilet block no upgrade charge and the staff were really helpful and approachable about it we had a fab time there hope you do to. By the way we went in the middle of july

Richard

Richard Davies driving a Kia Sorento 2. 5 turbo pulling a Bailey Pageant Burgundy

Great, where is the best place for a list of details and locations of CM's?

Regards

Jon

This a good site for tomtom POIs.

http://archiescampings. EU/downloadpage/

Edited by LandyBill

Swift Charisma 230, Discovery TD5

ange 08

If i were you wait till you get there before upgrading,because when we arrived there last year the pitch allocated to us was to awkward for us to get into i asked to change and we had a great pitch close to the toilet block no upgrade charge and the staff were really helpful and approachable about it we had a fab time there hope you do to. By the way we went in the middle of july

Richard

Thanks Richard - we're going to go for that option now. I don't think they'll be that busy at the tail end of June. That's what the CC suggested too.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!

Angela

• 2 weeks later...
Counting the hours now ! B)

The CC told us that Pin Parasol was fully booked aswell so we phoned up the caravan and camping club asked them if it was available and we booked through them this time!!! going on the 8th of august until the 28th Aug, hope the sites as good as it looks??

We're just back. I have to say Pong was great. The only thing was the first pitch she gave us was small and in total shade, so we asked if we could change, and she let us tour around and choose a few then got back with a list of numbers and she said what was free or not. We did have to pay for the upgrade, but we didn't mind - got a fab pitch, well worth 5euro per night.

As we have a largish van, I asked the CC to reserve us a larger pitch. Hope we get a decent one :rolleyes:

Roll on Monday :D

Regards
Ian