We Decided Freshwater Beach Holiday Park, For Summer

Freshwater Beach Holiday Park is located in the South West of England in the beautiful county of Dorset. Spend a wonderful seaside vacation on the coast, making the most of our private beach. However, since booking I have found a few very bad reviews on the net, even UKCS. co. uk has a caption that the holiday park owners have not allowed any reviews on there site??? You would just know it could not find any bad reviews before booking! The problems, swearing around the pool, which I don't like lots of noise at night and the club house is very small? The problems only seem to have started in the last couple of years, if anyone knows anything different, please please let me know. One last thing we asked for a level pitch, I have arhtritus and most people seem to think you just trun up and select your own pitch!!

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

Freshwater Beach Holiday Park is located in the South West of England in the beautiful county of Dorset. Spend a wonderful seaside vacation on the coast, making the most of our private beach. However, since booking I have found a few very bad reviews on the net, even UKCS. co. uk has a caption that the holiday park owners have not allowed any reviews on there site??? You would just know it could not find any bad reviews before booking! The problems, swearing around the pool, which I don't like lots of noise at night and the club house is very small? The problems only seem to have started in the last couple of years, if anyone knows anything different, please please let me know. One last thing we asked for a level pitch, I have arhtritus and most people seem to think you just trun up and select your own pitch!!

hi jim, we went to freshwater last summer,never again. the pitches are not that big,and most of the pitches you have to pull your van out by hand because the roads are only about 6 or 7ft wide, and the a frames are right on the edge. Plus you are mixed in with tents, who's occupants,while we were there just seemed to be intrested in beer and music, we didn't risk trying the club for fear of losing the van. i kid you not. apart from this, the area is beautifull. I just wish someone had told us before we went!

Not stayed in the van but have in a tent twice, last time 3 years ago and we enjoyed it. Not sure if its under different ownership since then.

There is a section that has plateaued pitches which is a bit more spacious, but it certainly wasn't just turn up and pick a spot.

The main part of the site is very flat, with three up to date washrooms

It is a big site and I guess during the height of summer the club house would be a little small.

As for swearing, unfortunately you get that in most places :angry:

We would stay there again

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

Plus you are mixed in with tents, who's occupants,while we were there just seemed to be intrested in beer and music,

Tents = riff raff!? :rolleyes:

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

So far you have found enough to put you off. The pitches are very small, nowhere near the space between each unit which they state is necessary for safety. The main pitches are quite flat but tend to hold alot of water(if it rains - of course :rolleyes: ). You might have a problem with the beach due to your arthritus, don't know how severe but the beach is very deep shingle and quite steep. Unfortunately like most commercial sites it's like being on a council estate. Please don't go. Oh one last thing the entrance from the main country lane is quite steep with a sharp narrow turn at the bottom. Not completely unnavigable but just so you know. We are going to a site in Watermouth, nr Combe martin. No swimming pool :lol: No club house :lol: and they have a private beach and cove. Take a look.

Watermouthpark

P. s. I'm not an old fart, I'm 35 with two young kids just fed up mixing with disrespectful people. :D

Edited by klyne

LANDY DISCO TD5(2003)

ADRIA ADORA 532 UK(2005)