Grey/dodgy Dealers

rockmeister

The more I trot around the midlands looking at caravans, the more I come across someones back yard + alsation + transit + shed and cant help thinking that I wouldn't buy a used car from these gentlemen, yet they claim to be 'eurocaravan' authorised dealers (apparently).

Is it me, or am I just being overcautious

(prices seem 'keen' too!) B)

The more I trot around the midlands looking at caravans, the more I come across someones back yard + alsation + transit + shed and cant help thinking that I wouldn't buy a used car from these gentlemen, yet they claim to be 'eurocaravan' authorised dealers (apparently).

Hmmmm

You know what they say: 'If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is!'

Probably wouldn't be too quick to help with warranty issues, either IMHO

I'd steer well clear. ............... ;)

Edited by Martin63

2011 S Max Titanium Powershift

2011 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive

2011 Swift Conqueror 570 Special Equipment

'If I'd Been Born Thirty Years Later They Would Call It ADHD'

Hi Rockmeister

I know what you mean, I've also done the rounds in the same area. However, there are a number of "reputable" dealers in the area including White Arches in Rushden or The Caravan Company at Higham Ferresor there is one by the cannal in Wellingborough (near best buys cant remember the name) all of which have web sites so you can check out thier stock without having a wasted trip.

I would agree with martin63 in that bargins arn't always bargins.

If you know what your after somebody on here may know where one is for sale.

Good luck with the search.

Bailey s5 Senator Carolina + Ford Ranger Double Cab + VFR800Fiw

With out any doubt at all, i would recommend 100% Moorland Leisure in stoke on Trent, I have just purchased a new 2009 caravan of them and they have been 100% committed at all times.

BMW X5 3. 0sd m sport twin turbo. Fleetwood Heritage ES6 (2009) Best car ever owned subaru impreza wr1

yet they claim to be 'eurocaravan' authorised dealers (apparently).

What is a "Eurocaravan dealer " ?

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.

Hi Rockmeister.

I have just bought my first caravan after looking since last August and eventually bought from Lowdhams (Nottingham) The standard of service is first class and we got a good deal. As we didn't have a caravan to trade in we got £500+ of new extras thrown in.

Our nearest Lowdhams is about 50 miles away, and having experienced their customer services yesterday when buying an awning, all I can say is that we will be buying our next caravan from them, without a shadow of a doubt!

"Scars are souvenirs you never loose"

2010 Swift Charisma Freestyle 550 + 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura.

If I were you I wouldn't touch any dealer who felt the slightest bit "cowboyish."There's too much at stake. Lowdhams are good. Also,look at other dealers who are part of a group. Customer service may sometimes let them down,but they're not crooks and will try to correct any shortfall.

There may be a slight premium to pay but IMHO well worth it for peace of mind.

QUOTE(Bobinet @ Mar 23 2009, 06:16 PM)

Hi Rockmeister.

I have just bought my first caravan after looking since last August and eventually bought from Lowdhams (Nottingham) The standard of service is first class and we got a good deal. As we didn't have a caravan to trade in we got £500+ of new extras thrown in.

Our nearest Lowdhams is about 50 miles away, and having experienced their customer services yesterday when buying an awning, all I can say is that we will be buying our next caravan from them, without a shadow of a doubt!

Just watch out with the service department we had major problems hence we went elsewhere for our new van

Howdy,

I can only speak from my experience and that of a friend of mine.

We were both in the sub £2500 market, both looking for our first vans.

I've seen some dodgy places and some shockingly expensive places.

We bought our van, a 1992 Wisp from Broad Lane Leisure in Alcester, I can't fault them, considering we were at the bottom and of the market, they we're great. and the van is great.

My friend went to Chichester Caravans, (it's on the Hagley Road in Birmingham, but there are other branches), got fantastic service, on a sub £2000 van. The van's great and Chichester were great.

It's worth pointing out that both businesses have a full range of vans, from our low price and to super-duper-brand-spanking-lovely-new-uber-vans. (One day. .. :) )

Again, these are the only refernce points I have, but I would and am heartily recommending both these companies.

Best of Luck

AFJ&I

What is a "Eurocaravan dealer " ?

Hi Supermike

I just made the name up. ..dealer x as it were. ...just thought that there may actually BE a dealer with such a name in which case I apologise and point out that no criticism was intended.

Chaps, thanks for the reassurance and all the good dealers advice. I had already been to Rushden and they were friendly and helpful. ..will set out over the coming hols to look at those suggestions a bit further afield. Thanks again.

Guest Surfer
Hi Supermike

I just made the name up. ..dealer x as it were. ...just thought that there may actually BE a dealer with such a name in which case I apologise and point out that no criticism was intended.

Chaps, thanks for the reassurance and all the good dealers advice. I had already been to Rushden and they were friendly and helpful. ..will set out over the coming hols to look at those suggestions a bit further afield. Thanks again.

Contact Brendon at sales, Chichester Caravans in Bromsgrove. Google Chichester for phone number. I am sure that he will be able to sort you out with what you want.

Sorry, posted in error :rolleyes:,

Ian.

Edited by ian dunning

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.