Maintenance

agregco

My caravan a Stirling Eccles is due its annual service shortly. I have been told that part of the maintenance is that the two drum to axle lock nuts need to be replaced at cost. Have other owners had them replaced as part of their service? and did they pay extra for them?

Regards

Greg

Part of the service is to check the brakes & linings,this requires removal of the drums. the nuts that hold the drums in place must be renewed each time as a safety precaution (known as 1 shot nuts) some include them in the service cost,others charge extra for consumables used

Thanks for the quick reply TD42, you have answered my question, I just thought that as they have to be changed that it would have been part of the service cost ! but obviously not in some cases.

Thanks

Greg

It's a strange anomaly - I can't think of any other product or service where essential components are charged seperately, other than labour only deals - even the car trade doesn't add on extras like that, they may detail the parts on the invoice but the quoted price includes obligatory replacement parts.