Door Mat Strips

julesmart

Where can I get the thin strips that hold the door mat down? . Ours are all cracked & split Thanks in advance

Swift Challenger 560 (2007) with Reich Motor Mover & Ford Mondeo 2. 2 Titanium X TDCI (08 ) with Sports pack

A lovely Husband & 3 lively Yorkshire Terriers!!

Where can I get the thin strips that hold the door mat down? . Ours are all cracked & split Thanks in advance

On our last few vans the door mat has sat in a tray with raised edges that retain the door mat

I don't like that idea because there are nooks and crannies round it that gather dirt

I always remove the unit by taking out the carpet and unscrewing from the floor

I then cut a door mat to fit the full width of the doorway and fit a household alloy threshold plate at the van inner end

Hope that helps

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

The ones that are on ours are black plastic, but I never thought of using the Alli ones. How thick am I? (dont answer that LOL)

Swift Challenger 560 (2007) with Reich Motor Mover & Ford Mondeo 2. 2 Titanium X TDCI (08 ) with Sports pack

The ones that are on ours are black plastic, but I never thought of using the Alli ones. How thick am I? (dont answer that LOL)

I meant the ones that are used in the house for doorways etc

You can get them about 1in or more wide by 1/4 overall height

http://www. screwfix. com/app/sfd/cat/lrgimg. ..ll&ts=83347

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

Guest Tephi
The mat is not fixed, only retained. It comes out. The older system mats could slip if the tray got wet.

Regards

David

Sorry David, it may well be retained, but do you know how to remove it for cleaning?

At the moment we have a loose one over the top, if nothing else it will keep the original mat clean ;)

Yes, I would like to know that too!

I assumed ours could be lifted out, but soon found it was very securely fixed in place. Not wanting to damage it I have left it alone. There is no reference to removing it in the handbook.

I did ask Swift about it last year, but never got an answer.

We too use a second (wider) mat over the top of the fitted one.

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto

Yes, I would like to know that too!

I assumed ours could be lifted out, but soon found it was very securely fixed in place. Not wanting to damage it I have left it alone. There is no reference to removing it in the handbook.

I did ask Swift about it last year, but never got an answer.

We too use a second (wider) mat over the top of the fitted one.

It just lifts out from one corner, some have a section out of the corner for easy of lifting, otherwise grab the pile and pull. It is only held in by the 5mm lip round the edge of the tray. The dealer fits it into the tray as part of the PDi.

Regards

David

Thank you! Just tried it and ours is really tight and difficult to get out, OH had to use a screwdriver to prise it up.

I was frightened I might damage something!

A note on that in the handbook would be good.

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto

Thank you! Just tried it and ours is really tight and difficult to get out, OH had to use a screwdriver to prise it up.

I was frightened I might damage something!

A note on that in the handbook would be good.

Try a round ended old table kniife

I took the whole lot out as stated above I think

My entrance mat has a small piece cut out on one corner to make removing relatively easy. The first time it was tight but now it is not a problem. Also note, certainly on mine, that if you unscrew the tray there is a large hole in the floor under the tray so if you wanted to fit a piece of carpet to cover the floor at the entrance of the 'van it would be advisable to first fit a piece of plywood.

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

My van doesn't have a well cut out, theres just 2 black plastic strips holding the mat in place, its these that are all cracked & broken.

My van doesn't have a well cut out, theres just 2 black plastic strips holding the mat in place, its these that are all cracked & broken.

I haven't come across that type(don't profess to know everything :unsure: )

I have fitted a door mat across the full width and used one of the alloy stips across the edge farthest from the door

It looks really neat and is much easier to clean :D

Thanks John. Think I'm gonna have to go down that route