Front Blind Runners On 2008 Conquerors

paulthomas

Just been to dealers to collect my 'van after its service. I pointed out (again) a problem I have with the runner channels for the front blinds. They should be attached to the wallboard with Velcro(!) but these have all been detached from new. This means that when any of the three blinds are pulled down the aluminium base can flip within the runner unless you are very careful.

Dealer is contacting Swift for a solution.

I just wondered if any other 2008 Conqueror owners had/have a similar problem?Reading between the lines,it wasn't a new issue for the dealer.

I note that 2009 models have the runners screwed into the wallboard.

Our runners on a 2006 Conqueror were screwed to the wall board as well. My, how the pendulum swings. :wacko:

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.

Just been to dealers to collect my 'van after its service. I pointed out (again) a problem I have with the runner channels for the front blinds. They should be attached to the wallboard with Velcro(!) but these have all been detached from new. This means that when any of the three blinds are pulled down the aluminium base can flip within the runner unless you are very careful.

Dealer is contacting Swift for a solution.

I just wondered if any other 2008 Conqueror owners had/have a similar problem?Reading between the lines,it wasn't a new issue for the dealer.

I note that 2009 models have the runners screwed into the wallboard.

Paulthomas

The front blind legs due to there length and inclination need velcro adding to support them in operation. We specify a 3M structural adhesive tape for this behind the legs. If the surface the tape is mounted to is not primed correctly this can lead to poor adhesion, we have had some reports of this and our operatives have been retrained.

If this has occured your dealer needs to remove the legs, prime the surface and re-apply with new tape.

Regards

Andy

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks

Paulthomas

The front blind legs due to there length and inclination need velcro adding to support them in operation. We specify a 3M structural adhesive tape for this behind the legs. If the surface the tape is mounted to is not primed correctly this can lead to poor adhesion, we have had some reports of this and our operatives have been retrained.

If this has occured your dealer needs to remove the legs, prime the surface and re-apply with new tape.

Regards

Andy

Andy. Thanks for this. It's a piddling problem but has been a nag.

Presumably our dealer will receive this guidance from you and get the "go ahead."

Your response is appreciated.