Caravan Insurance

Guest John KS

Guest John KS

Have been getting quotes for our van on the internet. There does seem to be a huge variation in premiums. Have been quoted from £189 to £490 all for the same vehicle and values etc.

Has anyone had dealings with Caravan Guard? :unsure:

Edited by John KS

Have been getting quotes for our van on the internet. There does seem to be a huge variation in premiums. Have been quoted from £189 to £490 all for the same vehicle and values etc.

Has anyone had dealings with Caravan Guard? :unsure:

Hi John,

I have insured with Caravan Guard and they were OK though I didn't make a claim which I believe is when you learn how good a company is,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Guest John KS

Thanks Ian.

I am sure I have dealt with them before some years ago. They came in with the cheapest quote up to now but it does make you wonder when they are £150 cheaper than the next one????

Edited by John KS

Thanks Ian.

I am sure I have dealt with them before some years ago. They came in with the cheapest quote up to now but it does make you wonder when they are £150 cheaper than the next one????

Hi John

I am about to embark on this topic again shortly. Funny thing is that my quote from Caravan Guard last year was ridiculous at about £460 which was £50 more than I pay for my BMW X5 insurance!!!

Went with the C&CC in the end for £220 on £15. 5k of van & accessories.

I did a recent test on the CC insurance recently and that came in at £400+ so will not be going there!!

Guess it is down to which insurer wants your business the most each year so well worth shopping around and then check out the "small print"

Alan

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

Hi John

I am about to embark on this topic again shortly. Funny thing is that my quote from Caravan Guard last year was ridiculous at about £460 which was £50 more than I pay for my BMW X5 insurance!!!

Went with the C&CC in the end for £220 on £15. 5k of van & accessories.

I did a recent test on the CC insurance recently and that came in at £400+ so will not be going there!!

Guess it is down to which insurer wants your business the most each year so well worth shopping around and then check out the "small print"

Alan

Hi Alan,

I've just had my CC renewal quote and its £240 for our 'van, that's a big difference,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Guest John KS

I think you are right Alan.

The problem with insurance on the internet, it is not so easy to check on the small print until you have actually bought the insurance.

Trying to phone the CC but nobody answers!!!!

They are in a mess. Had an email from them yesterday and they were all working due to the problems on the computer.

Edited by John KS

Hi Alan,

I've just had my CC renewal quote and its £240 for our 'van, that's a big difference,

Regards,

Ian.

Thanks Ian - It will no doubt be down to their "computer system upgrade" <_< (and that is from an ex IT Director!!).

Not due until end of May so have time to shop around yet.

Did the House & Contents last week an amazing the price differences on Internet sites. Last year with LV and their renewal this year was £194 but on the Internet it was £154 ;) . So renewed on Internet as they obviously discounting to get new business.

Regards

Alan

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

Hi all,

I did some research on thinternet as my insurance was due on the van and out of about five companies online discounting E&L, Caravan Guard came out the cheapest for the same cover as the more expensive ones this year, but maybe next year it might be the most expensive, and the some companies were quoting, that "if you can find it cheaper elsewhere we can match it" attitude which is a nono for me straight away.

rustygates.

About 10 days ago I renewed my CC 5C's insurance with Super 5 C's (ie caravan replacement new for old up to 10 years of age) over the phone. No problems with their IT System Upgrade at that time!.

£17k van and equipment, no contents (covered on household contents insurance) at a cost of £309.

Gross was £724 then various discounts for . . no contents, 4 years no claims, Alarm, Voluntary excess of £200 and 10% off that the ALKO Secure that everyone hates. . (I love it 'cos it just saved me £47 on the premium!!)

I've only ever heard good consistent feedback about the various CC insurances so I only give others a cursery glance now.

Unless there is a mega saving I don't bother to look into any in detail.

G.