Excel For Weights

Guest john1215

Guest john1215

john1215

Of things I have lost, I miss my sanity the most

Excel for weights

« on: Jun 19th, 2004, 8:08am » Quote Modify

I thought I'd share this little tip with you.

I have created a tiny spreadsheet in MS Excel that works out the weight required of a tow car when you have the weight of the caravan. I'll explain.

In cell A1 I have typed '85%. In B2 I have typed '100% (include the apostrophe before each one, this will make excel view the figure as a title and not a value)

In cell B2 is the formula =A2*100/85. In cell A2 I type in the max weight of the van

If the max weight of your van is say 1200kgs, enter 1200 into A2 then press the tab key and B2 will give you the weight your vehicle will need to be based on the 85% rule.

I've called in Find 85% and put a shortcut to the file on my desktop so it is readily accessible.

To enhance this further I have '7% in C1 and in C3 the formula =A2*7/100. This gives the noseweight following the 7% recommendation.

john1215

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gordon

« Reply #1 on: Jun 19th, 2004, 6:35pm »

Spreadsheets are a great tool for calculating eh!

A good tip John.

ATB,

Gordon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

john1215

If anyone doesn't like playing with spreadsheets I'll email them a copy of the file, just don't all ask at once. Or perhaps I could attach it here?...Gordon

john1215

richf

« Reply #3 on: Jun 23rd, 2004, 8:25pm »

id like one. ta in advance

jon2474

on Jun 19th, 2004, 8:08am, john1215 wrote:

In cell A1 I have typed '85%. In B2 I have typed '100% (include the apostrophe before each one, this will make excel view the figure as a title and not a value)

In cell B2 is the formula =A2*100/85. In cell A2 I type in the max weight of the van

I think the above should read:

In cell A1 I have typed '85%. In B1 I have typed '100% (include the apostrophe before each one, this will make excel view the figure as a title and not a value)

If anyone hasn't got excel on their PC then follow these instructions:

Car weight for cvan (85%)

Take a calculator

Enter max weight of cvan

Multiply by 100

Divide by 85

Press enter

Cvan max weight for car (85%)

Take a calculator

Enter weight of car

Divide by 100

Multiply by 85

Press enter

Nose weight

Take a calculator

Enter weight of cvan

Divide by 100

Multiply by 7

john1215

« Reply #5 on: Sep 1st, 2004, 3:28pm » Quote Modify

Please accept my apologies - I've completely missed your reply, for some reason I haven't been into this thread for sometime, if you still want the file send me your email address via PM.

jon2474, Yes you are correct, a little typo.

john1215

Great, those excel things. .... We have an online 'tool' that does similar. Sorry it is still in Dutch. See: http://www. caravantrekker. nl/algemeen/trek. php

Things to be aware of: we use (in this Dutch version) kerbweight caravan is best < 75% of kerbweight car.

Fill in the first field the empty (kerbweight) of the car and you get the 'ideal' empty weight of the caravan. Fill in the second field: empty weight of the CARAVAN and you get the empty (kerbweight) of the car.

Regards, Bert

www. whattowcar. com