Gas Oven

outnumbered

HI ALL

had a great weekend at clumber park for the first outing of the year, no major hicups apart from when i lit the gas oven the flames where all yellow and big and piling out black smoke, switched it of straight away. i then checked the gas hob and all the rings where fine with blue flames. the van is booked in for its service next week. your input will be appreciated.

thanks

mike

KIA SORENTO KX3 2012 Bailey Pageant Limousin SERIES 7 1700 kg

volvo xc70 D5 se

Leave it to an expert is the best advice I can think of.

have to agree and will not be touching it but just curious to what it may be.

thanks for your input.

mike

volvo xc70 D5 se

Sounds like a partially blocked mixture jet best left to the experts

totally agree. Maybe an insect has got in. Get it checked by a CORGI person preferrably but certainly an experienced caravan fitter.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

totally agree. Maybe an insect has got in. Get it checked by a CORGI person preferrably but certainly an experienced caravan fitter.

Regards

Lee

You'll have to be quick, the CORGI scheme is ending on 31st March 2009 - it'll be replaced from 1st April 2009 with the Gas Safe Register - sadly, privately owned touring caravans will be outside the scope of either scheme as far as compulsion goes.

Guest John KS
You'll have to be quick, the CORGI scheme is ending on 31st March 2009 - it'll be replaced from 1st April 2009 with the Gas Safe Register - sadly, privately owned touring caravans will be outside the scope of either scheme as far as compulsion goes.

Does that mean we can now mess about with the gas systems without having to get the experts in??

Yellow flame usually indicates there is either more gas to the incoming air or less air for the coming gas.

Dogan Boncu

Does that mean we can now mess about with the gas systems without having to get the experts in??

We've always been able to.

It annoys me intensely that the gas safeguards given to householders and those renting caravans, while not perfect, simply don't exist for privately owned touring caravans because of "voluntary codes of practice" which can be, and are, easily ignored.

If you take your caravan to a dealers for a service, or gas appliance repair - you could end up with their best chassis man doing the gas work, even at ACWs - what sort of standards are those?

The change from CORGI to Gas Safe is, in effect, a name change only.

The current GSIUR's and Health and Safety regulations still apply.

Can you mess about with your gas? you have always been able to if you know enough to do it and stick to the rules which apply to fitting LPG equipment, and have the necessary test equipment to test the installation, or are stupid enough to do it knowing nothing about gas and its potential consequences, not only to you, but those parked near you.

As for the OP, if you have been using the oven reasonably frequently, then it is probably grease partially blocking the inlet venturi, or a spider web or similar.

Guest John KS

Can you mess about with your gas? you have always been able to if you know enough to do it and stick to the rules which apply to fitting LPG equipment, and have the necessary test equipment to test the installation, or are stupid enough to do it knowing nothing about gas and its potential consequences, not only to you, but those parked near you.

I would never mess with the gas without getting it checked. Put a BBQ point in last week but the van is going for a service on Friday so will get the dealer to check the system which I presume he will do anyway.

As for the OP, if you have been using the oven reasonably frequently, then it is probably grease partially blocking the inlet venturi, or a spider web or similar.

this is the second time in 2 years that we have used it, i normally use the cadac, so it could be just a spider or foreign body.

thanks for all your replies.

mike

volvo xc70 D5 se

this is the second time in 2 years that we have used it, i normally use the cadac, so it could be just a spider or foreign body.

thanks for all your replies.

mike

Crikey! It's probably just dust!! :lol:

2003 Autotrail 635SE Mercedes Sprinter, 2011 Hyundai i10

'Life is too short to stuff a mushroom.'

sounds like a cobweb or dead insect, seen it many times

sounds like that i spoke to martin who services the van and he is of the same opinion, so thanks for all your input, and as for the foreign bodies if they can get from france to dover they may be in your van.

mike

:D

volvo xc70 D5 se

sounds like a cobweb or dead insect, seen it many times

Hi,

For future reference how would I solve the problem or should the Dealer sort it?

TIA,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

When hoovering the van, carefully waft the nozzle near the burner. Try not to hit anything, and make sure the gas is off.

Regards

David

Thanks David, I'll bear that in mind if we have a problem,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

When hoovering the van, carefully waft the nozzle near the burner. Try not to hit anything, and make sure the gas is off.

Regards

David

hi david.

thanks for that i will give it a go and see what happens.

mike

volvo xc70 D5 se