Sprite Alpine 08

The Wanderer

Does anyone know if the the housing cut into the bulkhead at the factory has been pre- wired to fit any 12v radio / CD

I have photographed the cables and connectors but I am unable to upload :mellow:

Jaguar XF 3. 0 D tugging an Swift Challenger Sport 584

Does anyone know if the the housing cut into the bulkhead at the factory has been pre- wired to fit any 12v radio / CD

I have photographed the cables and connectors but I am unable to upload :mellow:

Hi Wanderer,

Ash will be along soon to confirm but I believe we have the 12V feed wiring pre fitted but not speaker wiring.

Andy

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks

Hi Wanderer, the connectors are connected to the ISO standard, with most head units you will recieve an adaptor to connect to the ISO pinout. If you do not have an adaptor, then one can be obtained from any car audio supplier, Halfords and the like.

If you need the pinout details then please let us know and we will send you a copy.

Best regards

Ian Sargent

Yes, I wired one into my previous sprite they're the standard fittings so should plug straight in . As Andy has stated though you will have to add the speaker wiring . From memory the brown rectangular plug installed is the power, backlighting & radio memory presets.

the wiring for the speakers has well was there on my 2008 sprite

DSC00228.jpg

Hi Rus

Thanks for that where did you fit your speakers and if you dont mind where did you buy them from

Thanks in advance

Ian

Hi Rus

Thanks for that where did you fit your speakers and if you dont mind where did you buy them from

Thanks in advance

Ian

Got them from Alford's Ian, CD MP3 players a Blaupunkt santa cruz also from Alford's, for the Ariel I used a couple of metres of coax cable rolled up and kept in the bulkhead behind the player, saves drilling the van and losing your ingress warranty.

DSC00229.jpg

Edited by rus

Hi i did same as russ did really easy and the speaker wires were there, just needed the connector from local car radio dealers and speakers in same place(measure twice cut once) as his as well. I think the cupboard gives a good sound box and you get to them via 2 screws in the front overhead lockers.

Dave

Many thanks for the replies and information

Dave / Rus are you sure the speaker wires were factory fitted as Swiftgroup posted earlier in this thread that there would be no speaker wiring

Can Swift please confirm or not if this is the case

Ian

Ian, they are there on my van and should be on yours, they must use a standard wiring loom on all vans irrespective on what extras they fit, don't bother asking the dealers they haven't a clue.

Many thanks for the replies and information

Dave / Rus are you sure the speaker wires were factory fitted as Swiftgroup posted earlier in this thread that there would be no speaker wiring

Can Swift please confirm or not if this is the case

Ian

Hi Ian,

I will double check and get back to you,

Andy

Ian,

Sorry the speaker wiring is standard just confirmed this, sorry for the confusion.

Thanks Rus & DaveM at least you know what your talking about.

I will go away for retraining now!

thanks

Andy

Reading this post has made me consider installing a radio in my Sprite Alpine2 '07. Here (hopefully) is a photo of the connectors. The grey connector would power the radio and the brown connector power the speakers. A twin grey speaker wire for the left hand speaker is also shown. Behind the clock on the right hand side of the front lockers is a twin black wire for the right hand speaker (thankyou Swift).

If anybody could tell me the name of these type of connectors it would be much appreciated.

post-7009-1238241655_thumb.jpg

Kia Sorento + "wee" Sprite

Hi eckytow these connectors are refered to as the "ISO connectors" The type is a Tyco Junior Timer but as most people call them the ISO connectors. If you were to ask for this when you are talking or looking for them then you would be understood. I believe Halfords do a range of adptors to suit most head units.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Ian Sargent

Guest Tephi

Yesterday I purchased a JVC KD-G341, green display [Ash tells me the 343 red display is the standard factory fitting].

I have just checked in my ‘08 Alpine 2 and can confirm all wiring with connectors for radio and speakers is present.

All I need now is two holes for the speakers and to rig up some kind of aerial – any suggestions for an aerial, short of drilling a hole for an exterior antenna, would be most welcome. Thanks

Yesterday I purchased a JVC KD-G341, green display [Ash tells me the 343 red display is the standard factory fitting].

I have just checked in my ‘08 Alpine 2 and can confirm all wiring with connectors for radio and speakers is present.

All I need now is two holes for the speakers and to rig up some kind of aerial – any suggestions for an aerial, short of drilling a hole for an exterior antenna, would be most welcome. Thanks

Not sure what kind of tv aerial is fitted to the Sprite, but if it is the Status 530, or similar, then you already have an fm aerial.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

The best solution for an aerial is one that outside the vehicle, as the aluminium sides will affect radio reception. However, depending on where you go, a simple roll of Co-Ax maybe enough, or even an internal powered aerial:

http://www. halfords. com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165626

The problem is, they to, need to see the outside, and therefore, the best place for them maybe stuck to the inside on the front windows.

Ash

The best solution for an aerial is one that outside the vehicle, as the aluminium sides will affect radio reception. However, depending on where you go, a simple roll of Co-Ax maybe enough, or even an internal powered aerial:

http://www. halfords. com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165626

The problem is, they to, need to see the outside, and therefore, the best place for them maybe stuck to the inside on the front windows.

Ash

Not sure about using a simple roll of Co-Ax as I understand this wire is designed to screen out reception. I would try a single insulated wire threaded through the side panel from the radio to run the full length of the front lockers. I have tested a portable FM radio placed inside the lockers which worked OK. Failing this I would resort to the internal powered ariel option.

Kia Sorento + "wee" Sprite

Not sure about using a simple roll of Co-Ax as I understand this wire is designed to screen out reception. I would try a single insulated wire threaded through the side panel from the radio to run the full length of the front lockers. I have tested a portable FM radio placed inside the lockers which worked OK. Failing this I would resort to the internal powered ariel option.

We have done some tests at Swift using Co-Ax cable (on its own) and a flying lead, similar to that you get on some radios, both with mixed results. The key to both is the correct length of cable, which is a function of the frequency. Depending on whether you listen of AM or FM, and which station, it is possible to get reasonable reception, but it’s a challenge to get the right parameters.

Ash

Guest Tephi
We have done some tests at Swift using Co-Ax cable (on its own) and a flying lead, similar to that you get on some radios, both with mixed results. The key to both is the correct length of cable, which is a function of the frequency. Depending on whether you listen of AM or FM, and which station, it is possible to get reasonable reception, but it’s a challenge to get the right parameters.

Ash

Hi Ash,

Which make / model of FM aerial do you factory fit?

Thanks,