New Poorly Built Caravans -caravan Problems - Ace Supreme Twinstar 2009 Model

caravancarlos

All

i have just taken delivery 2 weeks ago of a New Ace Supreme Twintar 2009, cost in excess of £19000.

All I can say is what a joke. Below is a list of problems with the van and no one seems in a rush to replace it. My dealer has placed the part on order for aurtorisation however this can take months to resolve. I am thinking of returning the van for a full refund as not fit for the purpose.

Here is the list of issues

Bathroom door was sticking at the time of collection, this was fixed, however after spending most of the day in the van and warmed up the door is now sticking again.

The larger of the 2 doors under the sink is scratched at the bottom of the door and needs replacing

2 Of the push fit locks for the overhead cupboard are permanently pushed in. Perhaps these need replacing.

Only 1 Alko lock on a twin axle van, should be 2.

There was no Non Slip shower mat as in the spec

One of the Spot Lights there is a screw missing on one of them

External Door Handle is sticking – When you open the door the inside of the handle sticks

Front Middle Window has a mark in between the two panes

Door Side front Window has two internal scratches (as if when Swift received the windows they have opened the packets with knives)

Bathroom Door is sticking again

Fridge Freezer Section is all out of alignment ie the shelf that the microwave sits on it about 10 mm on a slope

Panel is all marked and scratched next to the microwave / Fridge Freezer - Should of been picked up at Swift QA Line

There should be a new kitchen door on order

Cupboard Latches keep sticking – Fitter came out and sprayed these but still no use on 3 of these latches

The bath mat that was missing I have received but is not the correct one

Water system is faulty – Keeps saying “Check External Water supply” although the supply is full - Called Dealer yesterday (Saturday) to be told that the pump may be faulty

Wet Central Heating system drained from Max to way below min in 36 hours (Caravan was not level, got near to level though) - Sent email to Alde for Tech support as do not know if I have a leak

One of the Down lights / Spot lights have now failed to work.

As you can see what a list. I would like to know if it is only me that had this amount of faults.

Carl

oh dear.

will leave the rest to Swift, but would say do not worry too much about the Alde, unless you see a leak. It seems to take a while to get all the air out of the system, vent the radiators and keep topping it up, it should settle eventually. Remember to use 50/50 water/antifreeze.

ours was the same.

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto

Hi Carl,

Sorry to learn of all the faults, let's hope that Swift / dealer get them fixed asap.

We have recently taken delivery of a Swift Europa and having done a few nights away in it can say that there is nothing of note to report; everyone works fine every screw seems in place (yes I'm sad enough to have looked). A couple of minor niggles (the side bunk slats webbing is fractionally too small so its a pain to keep in place, the table store door is designed to scratch the tables) but nothing like the problems you have.

Neil

Neil

VW Tiguan + Sterling Europa 520

http://neilbrighton. typepad. com/distinct_reflections/

Sounds to me (by the list of faults) that the van has been used as a demonstration model and lots of people been on board prodding and poking and trying to twist bits off!

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

Sounds to me (by the list of faults) that the van has been used as a demonstration model and lots of people been on board prodding and poking and trying to twist bits off!

Oh !! Ted you are going to get your wrists slapped for such a large signature. :ph34r:

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.

Carl

I am sorry to read that you have had problems with your new van.

If you want to PM me or email me at aspacey@switleisure. co. uk with yours and your van details I can look into this for you and hopefully get these problems resolved quickly.

Thanks

Andy Spacey

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks

Carl

I am sorry to read that you have had problems with your new van.

If you want to PM me or email me at aspacey@switleisure. co. uk with yours and your van details I can look into this for you and hopefully get these problems resolved quickly.

Thanks

Andy Spacey

Thank you for your help I have emailed you directly. Hope you an sort out for me.

Oh !! Ted you are going to get your wrists slapped for such a large signature. :ph34r:

Sorry - wrong link :o

BUT I hope that my new caravan manufacturer will be as good as my old ones (Swift) in sorting out any problemswe may have!

Edited by TedNewman

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

Thank you for your help I have emailed you directly. Hope you an sort out for me.

Carl,

I have not recieved your email, sorry its my fault I mis-typed the email address, it should be aspacey@swiftleisure. co. uk

Thanks

Andy

Carl,

I have not recieved your email, sorry its my fault I mis-typed the email address, it should be aspacey@swiftleisure. co. uk

Thanks

Andy

I hope your not head of the technical department :lol: :lol:

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

Caravancarlos

I notice, with interest, your comment about cupboard latches keep sticking. Are these the overhead cupboards with the new catch ? I have mentioned this twice on this forum and this is the first reference I've seen about them.

We have been to 2 dealers now to look at the 2009 Conquerors and have been in many models where many of these catches are either broken or jammed in solid. I know that demonstrator vans can have a tough life but this seems ridiculous. Was it just any early batch I saw ?

I would be interested to hear from people that are using them.

Bill

Caravancarlos

I notice, with interest, your comment about cupboard latches keep sticking. Are these the overhead cupboards with the new catch ? I have mentioned this twice on this forum and this is the first reference I've seen about them.

We have been to 2 dealers now to look at the 2009 Conquerors and have been in many models where many of these catches are either broken or jammed in solid. I know that demonstrator vans can have a tough life but this seems ridiculous. Was it just any early batch I saw ?

I would be interested to hear from people that are using them.

Bill

Not had any problems with mine thus far - a couple needed adjustment on delivery, but touch wood they are fine now.

Martin

2011 S Max Titanium Powershift

2011 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive

2011 Swift Conqueror 570 Special Equipment

'If I'd Been Born Thirty Years Later They Would Call It ADHD'

• 3 weeks later...

All

After all the effort of 2 Rallies with problems, cancelled a weekend away to ensure that the caravan is repaired by the dealer and being reassured that this is now all working and most of the faults fixed.

I am currently in Holland and the water system is still faulty as he system does not know that the tank is full on the control panel and the external pump continues to pump although no water going to the tank.

This is a complete joke I would like to see Swift comment on this as they have helped however after all the above and ample of time to repair this I would like to take the van to Swift for a new van to be driven away.

Carl

Carl,

I am sorry that your still having problems with your van. I believe your dealer thought they had sorted the water system problem but clearly this isn't the case. We need to discuss this with them and get back to you on Tuesday,

Thanks

Andy

Carl,

Your problems with your new van does not come as a surprise. I purchased a brand new Ace Statesmen 4 years ago and needless to say had a few major problems on its maiden voyage due to poor workmanship. I shall not go into the moans and groans as all defects were fixed. The cost and quality from most manufacturers do not add up and was stunned at the standard of workmanship at the recent Caravan / Camping Show at the SECC Glasgow on certain display models. I'm now ready for a change and sorry to say value for money and workmanship it will not be British built.

SMEESH. ......

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

Actually my previous Abbey had to have the gel coat on the sides repaired, and painted, and countless other faults, the real killer was the dealer said to me " you havent had a brand new van before have you " after I had been making a big fuss, I said " no " he said " its all quite normal for caravans " can you believe that, of course I then thought oh that makes it all right then.

How could I be so stupid as to expect factory checks and dealer PDI to pick up faults, and all the brand new bits to work properly, you just cant please some people, its not like I paid good money for the van, is it.

Cracked GRP side wall after a couple of months old, they said due to movement and flexing whilst towing, must check the car bumpers they made the same journey, what do you reckon the chances of cracks there ? ?

Ooops must nt compare caravan to car build quality on here, after all your average car costs the same new as an average caravan new, and the car has far more parts and is far more complicated mechanically and electronically but costs the same, not really a fair comparison at all.

Edited by andyg

2008 Audi A6 Avant TDI Multitronic - 2009 Coastline 530 SE

Thank you all for your replies. Just to advise you all, I asked Swift for a replacement as there is now a problem with the Water Pump, for a second time a blocked solinoide. I asked for a new van due to the contious problems and was told no. Spoke to Glossop Caravans who also siad no.

At the start of this forum Glossop took the caravan with 2 hours of a phone call to say that we are collecting. Great I thought. Only to have the caravan back without an IPOD (80Gb). They of cuase denined all knowledgde and now in the hand of the police.

Overall, some 5 weeks after buying the caravan still a large amount of faults with the van. Swift are saying they are obtaining that parts but can not onfirm a date, they will not have the van back. Beware of buying Swift caravans, it sounded good at the start of this forum however still not much better and now also having to claim on inurance for a missing IPOD.

All I can say is what a joke. I would have expected Swift to offer a new van with the amount of problems or at least offered for me to take to take this to their factory to get everything sorted and theycould see the quality of their own work.

Swift and Glossop look at this van as ANOTHER VAN oh well andno urgency with any parts etc, and are washing their hands of the nature of the problem. I am sure that if the bosses at swift had a problem with their BMW/Mercs they would not wait 6 weeks for parts or drive along and a large number of problems without asking for a replacement.

Carl

I am sure that if the bosses at Swift had a problem with their BMW/Mercs they would not wait 6 weeks for parts or drive along and a large number of problems without asking for a replacement.

Carl

Excellent observation Carl. ;):lol: