Intro

Kjell

Hi - I am new to this forum, we have a Sterlig Elite Searcher van towed by an XC90 - now retired so leaves more time for touring.

Edited by Kjell

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

XC90 eh?! Nice. I am looking for a new shape XC70 but just biding my time for the prices to drop to my price range but the XC90 has been around for a while and could afford to buy a good example today. What do you think of it as an everyday vehicle and as a tow vehicle?

Regards

NRF

Hello, we have had the XC90 for 2 years now, I find it to be a good towing vehicle - we went to the north of Norway in July/Aug 2007 and had no problems. last year we toured England, we live near Glasgow, and again a trouble free tour. It has just been through it's 2nd yearly service, the only "repair" needed was a check and re-alignment of the wheels, some uneven wear was found on the rear tyres. It will also need new front tyres after only 20000 miles so we are researching the market. This car has a Geartronic transmission and a 2. 4 l 5 cyl diesel engine. We are quite pleased with the car.

Kjell

Edited by Kjell