Enduro Motor Mover Incorrect Wiring

devondave

Hi All

The Bailey van I purchased recently has fitted a enduro motor mover, having only used the mover once when putting the van down my driveway,

I have noticed that it appears to have been wired incorrectly, ie by using the marked position of the A frame on the remote, if you press forwards the van goes backwards and viceversa.

It's not really a problem, as long as I remember.

Does anyone know if it is as simple as swapping the left had side wiring on the main unit with the RHS?

If it is that much grief I will just leave as it is.

Hi All

The Bailey van I purchased recently has fitted a enduro motor mover, having only used the mover once when putting the van down my driveway,

I have noticed that it appears to have been wired incorrectly, ie by using the marked position of the A frame on the remote, if you press forwards the van goes backwards and viceversa.

Does anyone know if it is as simple as swapping the left had side wiring on the main unit with the RHS?

Just swap the wires round as you say.

(Disconnect battery first!!!)

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

Wiring diagram anyone???

Hi Dave,

f you feel confident you can tackle this then go ahead, for safety sake disconnect the battery terminals, the heavy duty cables from the battery to the control box, and from the control box to the motors only carry 12 volts but the current is substantial.

If in doubt get someone in who is competent to do the job. It is better to pay for someone to do the job than risk having to replace a burned out control box, or at worst a well charred caravan.

The terminals on the control box should be clearly marked, there will be a positive and negative cable for each motor, so by carefully swapping each pair and ensuring the terminal screws are tight, you should be able to do the job without a wiring diagram.

GPS

Hi Dave,

f you feel confident you can tackle this then go ahead, for safety sake disconnect the battery terminals, the heavy duty cables from the battery to the control box, and from the control box to the motors only carry 12 volts but the current is substantial.

If in doubt get someone in who is competent to do the job. It is better to pay for someone to do the job than risk having to replace a burned out control box, or at worst a well charred caravan.

The terminals on the control box should be clearly marked, there will be a positive and negative cable for each motor, so by carefully swapping each pair and ensuring the terminal screws are tight, you should be able to do the job without a wiring diagram.

GPS

Steve

Thanks for that.

Ive got no hassle with sorting the problem out, I was just trying to make the job easier for myself with a wiring diagram.

I will have a look tomorrow to see what I can do.

Dave

Hi All

Hi Dave

I don't know the enduro mover, but on the mover panel you will have six wires, two input wires (red & black) and then four wires (could be two red and two black)or(could be four reds or blacks) the board might be marked with left and right, but two wires will go to the left motor and the other two will go to the right motor.

just say there is a red and black to each side ! then swap the red and black round on each motor

say it looks like this:

1 2 3 4

RED BLACK RED BLACK

THEN CHANGE TO:

1 2 3 4

BLACK RED BLACK RED

And that will swap the direction round, and as Brassneck says disconect the battery, and make sure the nuts are TIGHT

Radiotwo

Edited by RADIOTWO

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

Hi Dave,

GPS

Enduro supplied with isolation switch. Terminals on control box are spade type not screw.

Hi All

Hi

I have a set of installation instructions for the mover, which I have not fitted yet. let me know if you want me to e-mail the wiring diagramme.

All the best

Steve

Hi

I have a set of installation instructions for the mover, which I have not fitted yet. let me know if you want me to e-mail the wiring diagramme.

All the best

Steve

Steve thanks, I have sent you a message with my details

Thanks also to everyone else on the forum.

Dave

try here and you can download them direct from Purpleline http://www. purpleline. co. uk/Enduro/Main. html

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

The installation manual for this mover is in the process of being re-written according to Purpleline advice.

Whichever way round you connect the motors (keep positive & negative correct) is the right way for you if it means the van goes backwards & forwards as you expect it to.

After all, you have to reverse the connections if you fit the mover behind the axle instead of in front.

The installation manual for this mover is in the process of being re-written according to Purpleline advice.

Whichever way round you connect the motors (keep positive & negative correct) is the right way for you if it means the van goes backwards & forwards as you expect it to.

After all, you have to reverse the connections if you fit the mover behind the axle instead of in front.

Thanks,

I want to get it the correct way around because on the remote control is a diagramatic picture of the A Frame at the top end of the remote, the natural holding position of the remote is with the A frame forwards as well as a lanyard at the bottom.

It just seems natural with the remote the correct way round.

Dave

Edited by devondave