Omnivents

Adi

We previously had a caravan with an omnivent above kitchen area of caravan but we now have a mini Heki in new caravan. We are not sure of how beneficial the omnivent is against the heki which lets in far more light etc and also opens far wider. Does the onivent really help massively against danp etc in caravan or is general ventilaton better. ..?

yes, we like the omnivent, especially in the kitchen area.

our present van had the omnivent over the kitchen. we wanted air con fitted, so we had to lose the omnivent, which is bad.

we have had the omnivent moved to our roof vent in the large rear bathroom, which is good, but we are still thinking to fit an extractor over the hob.

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto

We use our omnivent all the time. Far prefer it to a mini heki.

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

Hi Adi,

We only cook breakfast in the 'van and only occasionaly notice any condensation in the coolest of weather which the omnivent is very effective at clearing. If we didn't have one though it wouldn't bother me but it may if we did a lot of cooking,

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by ian dunning

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Jennifern

Can I ask when you had your Omnivent moved was the 12volt connection hidden. The reason I ask is that my van does not have one fitted and I would like to do it but can see no way to hide cabling.

Jennifern

Can I ask when you had your Omnivent moved was the 12volt connection hidden. The reason I ask is that my van does not have one fitted and I would like to do it but can see no way to hide cabling.

When an Omnivent is fitted as standard, the 12v wiring is placed in the roof cavity before the top skin is fixed down - sometimes this also happens where the lower models of a range have the Omnivent omitted but the wiring is still in place.

If the roof isn't the bonded type, it may be possible to feed the wiring from the Omnivent position through the roof into one of the lockers.

Talk to your dealer's workshop - but that could be expensive.

Jennifern

if you ever buy one, give me a shout, iv fitted dozens over the years and hid the wiring, so it looks like a factory fit ;)

When we had it moved to the bathroom, the wiring was run above the roof panels. I gather they removed a little of the roof insulation to make room for the wire, and poked it through somehow, the dealer did say it was quite a job!

However, where the omnivent was originally, there is a join in the boards, which is covered with a clip on plastic strip, so it was easy for them to run the air con wire.

As said, often the wiring is already in place, but if not, and you have a join in the roof there, you should be able to do something similar and get an invisible installation.

Edited by jennifernn

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto