Wheel Clamp / Wheelarch

Beachcomber1995

any one come across this problem, my wheel is slightly covered by a wheel arch, do a conventional wheel clamp fit . all the other caravans have a gap to put the top hook over the top of the tyre. . <_< . ............................spritly86

What sort of van do you have? I have not heard of problems fitting a clamp where the wheel arch covers the top of the wheel :)

Graeme.

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017

I have a Bessacar 495 with a wheel arch that come down almost to the tyre and it is difficult getting the clamp on. You have to put the top bracket over from the side and then attach the rest, it will fit.

Jeff

i have a bailey beachcomber club 500/5 late 1995 model, so could be trial and error. thanks for the replys. ....... :) :) :) :) . ....................................spritely86

i bought a cheap wheel clamp and mine wouldnt fit on my bailey scorpio 500/5 1989 model because it would not fit over the wheel in the small arch space, so i hacked at it and re-welded it into a shape that would. :P

regards

matt

***** old tow car + ***** old caravan!. .....new tow car in eight weeks.

Hi,

You can buy wheelclamps which don't have any fixings which go over the top of the tyre such as the Rise and Clamp,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.