Powrtouch - Occasionally Stop/start

Wirral Tourer

Just had a mover fitted and also a new 110amp battery which I fully charged.

Had a few goes of the mover on the driveway/road and very occasionally it will stop then start again (almost as if I lifted my finger off the button and the re-pressed it), then other times keeps going in a line no problem.

Is there a fault or is this relatively normal ?

Just had a mover fitted and also a new 110amp battery which I fully charged.

Had a few goes of the mover on the driveway/road and very occasionally it will stop then start again (almost as if I lifted my finger off the button and the re-pressed it), then other times keeps going in a line no problem.

Is there a fault or is this relatively normal ?

Mine does the same, I have put it down to not pressing the button firmly in the centre its pad.

GPS

Yep Roger I agree, I also think it is when the receiver does not get full signal from the remote. Mine does this when I stand at the front of the van as the receiver is at the rear of the van low down. If I stand at the same side as the receiver and hold the remote low down it does not stop.

Graeme.

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017

Yep Roger I agree, I also think it is when the receiver does not get full signal from the remote. Mine does this when I stand at the front of the van as the receiver is at the rear of the van low down. If I stand at the same side as the receiver and hold the remote low down it does not stop.

Graeme.

I did think about that so removed the 9v battery, plugged in the wire from the remote to the receiver, and still had the same result.

I must say though - I don't like the buttons on the remote, they don't feel tactile enough. I could be inadvertently releasing the button. However, cognisant of this I did try to ensure the button was kept pressed.

Mine does the same - intermittent signal from the remote, methinks.

Mind you, it wouldn't work at all at Crystal Palace unless I had the transmitter right up close to the receiver unit.

The older I get, the better I used to be

I did think about that so removed the 9v battery, plugged in the wire from the remote to the receiver, and still had the same result.

I must say though - I don't like the buttons on the remote, they don't feel tactile enough. I could be inadvertently releasing the button. However, cognisant of this I did try to ensure the button was kept pressed.

If you hard wired the remote to the receiver then that blows the theory of poor signal :)

My Powrtouch has the older rectangular shaped remote and the buttond seem OK to me. Has yours got the newer more oval remote? I wonder if that could be the problem. Might be worth a phone call to Powrtouch to see what they say.

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017

Same with mine, stop start till I changed the remote battery, fine now

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

Mine does that - I've put it down to a very directional signal from the remote handest to the aerial - if I point very accurately it never stops.

Mines the same, seems normal then :D

Bailey Ranger 510/4

& Skoda Octavia Elegance Estate 1. 9TDI

Various010-1.jpgmedia3_cropped-4.jpg

If you hard wired the remote to the receiver then that blows the theory of poor signal :)

My Powrtouch has the older rectangular shaped remote and the buttond seem OK to me. Has yours got the newer more oval remote? I wonder if that could be the problem. Might be worth a phone call to Powrtouch to see what they say.

Although I have just received the mover from Powrtouch, it is the white remote. I know the oval one you mean 'cos it features in their website video. However, when I talked to powrtouch they said that the white one was the current one anyway (so I'm not sure if the oval remote is only for certain versions, although it does look a better unit).

Although I have just received the mover from Powrtouch, it is the white remote. I know the oval one you mean 'cos it features in their website video. However, when I talked to powrtouch they said that the white one was the current one anyway (so I'm not sure if the oval remote is only for certain versions, although it does look a better unit).

The white one is specific to the 4wd version for twin axles, it has different buttons.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Mind you, it wouldn't work at all at Crystal Palace unless I had the transmitter right up close to the receiver unit.

We had the same problem - right underneath the mast! It does the same on our storage site occasionally, I think it may be connected to the signal from mobile phone masts interfering.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

Ocassionally, commercial equipment uses radio frequency devices with sufficient power to disrupt RF remote controls, including car remote central locking - there's one place locally where I can guarantee disruption and a couple where there's a good probability - the only way I can get into the Subaru, or the previous Astra, is use the key and then turn ignition on to silence the alarm - something similar might be happening with motor mover remotes.

It's part of the soft-start feature, nothing to worry about methinks.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

??

Mine is a single axle and has been supplied with the white one.

Mine too

It's part of the soft-start feature, nothing to worry about methinks.

No definately not, you set the thing moving and then suddenly it is as if you have taken your finger off the button, you have to re-press the button to get it moving again.

Current remote is white, wether two or four wheel drive, its only the print on the face thats different for a twin axle.

The "new" oval handset is a part of the the new control box that is not on general release yet. Dont expect that for a few months yet.

Dave

Dave Baxter

Powerwheel fitter

fitorfix caravan movers

We had the same problem - right underneath the mast! It does the same on our storage site occasionally, I think it may be connected to the signal from mobile phone masts interfering.

On my previous Model 6 AWD on my Wyoming, everytime I moved the 'van at home it set one of my Neighbours doorbells off - we all laughed about - I even asked if the CC would give me a discount for a further theft deterant on my Insurance. ........ ;)

This one on the model 3 attached to my Swift, does not cause any disturbance to the neighbourhood!

2011 S Max Titanium Powershift

2011 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive

2011 Swift Conqueror 570 Special Equipment

'If I'd Been Born Thirty Years Later They Would Call It ADHD'

Current remote is white, wether two or four wheel drive, its only the print on the face thats different for a twin axle.

The "new" oval handset is a part of the the new control box that is not on general release yet. Dont expect that for a few months yet.

Dave

Dave

Back on topic, What is the cause of the problem mentioned?

Lunar Zenith Citroen C5 2. 2 HDI Citroen Picasso 1. 6 HDI. , Vauxhall Vectra Design 150 bhp Soon to be, 2014 Sprite Major 4 sr. With ATC.
The Internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever. com

I can go one better my remote sets off next door's wireless doorbell so they always know when we are going and when we get back

Ken

Lunar Quasar 525 & Vauxhall Zafira 1. 9d (150)

Dave

I knew the 4wd one was different!

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.