Bbq Charcoal

Guest Surfer

Guest Surfer

No one near us seems to sell charcoal for a BBQ and we used our last lot last weekend for a BBQ. Tried all the usual suspects and nought. The sun is shining and no one is selling charcoal for BBQs. The recession is worse than I thought! :D

No one near us seems to sell charcoal for a BBQ and we used our last lot last weekend for a BBQ. Tried all the usual suspects and nought. The sun is shining and no one is selling charcoal for BBQs. The recession is worse than I thought! :D

Hi Surfer,

I was in our local B&Q and they had mountains of the stuff,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Is it lumpwood charcoal you are after or the bbq charcoal briquettes? i would agree that the lumpwood charcoal is getting harder to source now that everyone seems to want to use gas.

Why not make your own - only a thought.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

We normally use the briquettes as they seem to last longer.

Hi Surfer

i find that they last longer but they are a b*****r to light (and stay lit) and the heat is less than the lumpwood.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

I got somelumpwood charcoal from Sainsburys this weekend just gone. It was the light in the bag ones but I do love the flavour of the food that lumpwood charcoal gives. Why dont you try your local supermarkets??

bobsnobs

Yep, there are lots of new fangled gadgets that some call barbecues, but the original is still the best, good quality sirloin, medium rare over charcoal lump wood. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

Guest Surfer
I got somelumpwood charcoal from Sainsburys this weekend just gone. It was the light in the bag ones but I do love the flavour of the food that lumpwood charcoal gives. Why dont you try your local supermarkets??

Spent about an hour visting the few supermarkets in the area but nothing. Tried Focus but all they had was the instant lighting fires at £4-70 each. Unfortunatley not that desperate yet. Probably go down to Gloucester on Saturday to see if I cna find anything. Just means no BBQ tonight! :(

I was in our local wilkinsons this afternoon and they had a stack of brickette charcoal bags just ibside the door.

jeff

Most DIY stores will have plenty of it, it's usually shrinkwrapped and put in storage over the winter to come back out in the run up to the new season which starts around Easter.

Guest Surfer

Eventually managed to get a 7kg bag of lumpwood charcoal from B & Q in Glooucester for the grand sum of £4. 95! Briquettes were a lot more expensive. Anyway managed to have a BBQ last night and then did breakfast on the BBQ which was sausage, bacon, kassler ribs and egg washed down with a cup of coffee. Tasted great at 8 am this morning! :D

Was in B&Q this morning and they had several large paper sacks of Lump-wood charcoal. . forgot to look at the price. :(

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club