Leaking Loo

shmoo

Been in our van today a 2005 Sterling Eccles Sapphire and noticed signs of pink flush water residue on the loo around the oblong seam that surrounds the blue electric flush button, run marks down the front of the rear part of the loo, its even around the small loo full warning light, has anyone experienced this or does anyone have any suggestions as to where this is escaping from.

Ian

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Premium (auto)-2014 Swift Conqueror 570, 2013 Elddis Crusader Super Sirocco, 2010 Sterling Eccles Coral,
Kia Sorento XS auto_Swift Charisma 620, VW Passat 2. 5 auto_Sterling Eccles Sapphire, Citroen Xantia est 2. 1_Avondale Kingfisher, Range Rover v8 1971_Ace Globetrotter.

Usually caused by towing with the flush reservoir to full.

Skegness 'The Sunnier Side of Britain'

Usually caused by towing with the flush reservoir to full.

H'mmmmm! - not too sure about that. I have experienced this on a couple of occasions, and rarely ever "fill" the flush tank more than about half full. I am of the opinion that it only happens when I try to refill the tank too quickly - if I refill slowly, it doesn't appear to happen. I use a watering-can for this operation, and I've just "reduced" the outlet on the watering-can,to see if that helps.

Hi ours leaked flushing fluid from the manual pump bezal (surround). The dealer re sealed it and said don't travel with water in it. Seams a naf design to me had no problem with the old style thetford always kept it full.

Did u drain it down in the cold weather? If not it may have cracked a seam :o

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Thanks for your suggestions, I am sure it was less than half full, but it has been stored over the winter with liquid in it so the freezing idea could be possible, might try and dismantle it today and see if this offers any clues.

Ian

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Premium (auto)-2014 Swift Conqueror 570, 2013 Elddis Crusader Super Sirocco, 2010 Sterling Eccles Coral,
Kia Sorento XS auto_Swift Charisma 620, VW Passat 2. 5 auto_Sterling Eccles Sapphire, Citroen Xantia est 2. 1_Avondale Kingfisher, Range Rover v8 1971_Ace Globetrotter.

Unfortunately, leaving any liquid (baring antifreeze!) in any pipes or containers during winter is asking for trouble.

Even when you go away regularly, I know its easier and quicker to setup if there is already fluid in the hot water tank (10kg) and toilette flush (<> 5kg), but why tow this around when you don’t have to? Not only is it a waist of weight, but there the obvious chance of it sloshing about and leaking.

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

Unfortunately, leaving any liquid (baring antifreeze!) in any pipes or containers during winter is asking for trouble.

Even when you go away regularly, I know its easier and quicker to setup if there is already fluid in the hot water tank (10kg) and toilette flush (<> 5kg), but why tow this around when you don’t have to? Not only is it a waist of weight, but there the obvious chance of it sloshing about and leaking.

Hi,

I agree with you there plus if you drain down everytime, before your journey, there's no chance of forgetting to do it in the Winter when it's really necessary.

Regarding the leak, I have filled the flush tank with a garden hose straight from the tap and I didn't notice any leakage,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

we don't use the flush tank in the winter, as we go away frequently. I have filled a spray bottle with a diluted solution of pink flush liquid. we spray the loo before and after use and no problem.

:huh:

It makes you wonder why manufacturers go to the effort of designing & making a toilet! Have you considered a bucket? Just fill the flush tank & press the button to flush the thing after use instead of piddling about with a spray bottle! (no pun intended :D )

Lunar Delta 520/2 towed by Omega 3. 0 Elite

The inlet has an O-ring into the flush tank near the blue push button. There could be a problem with this. Worth having a look at the Thetford website.

http://www. thetford-europe. com

Mike

You've got a good point here Mike. I've looked at the web-site (http://www. thetford-europe. com/web/show/id=84549/langid=42) and I see there is an O-ring surrounding the filler tube (drawing #20 on Page 2 of the Installation Instructions for the C-200CW), and since I seem to get my leaks just after filling, particularly if I fill too quickly, there's a very good chance this could be the culprit.

You've got a good point here Mike. I've looked at the web-site (http://www. thetford-europe. com/web/show/id=84549/langid=42) and I see there is an O-ring surrounding the filler tube (drawing #20 on Page 2 of the Installation Instructions for the C-200CW), and since I seem to get my leaks just after filling, particularly if I fill too quickly, there's a very good chance this could be the culprit.

Sorry, I can't edit the above post for some reason, but that should read (drawing #20 on Page 2 of the Installation Instructions for the C-200CW).

Edited by the Moderators Team - hope it's correct.

we don't use the flush tank in the winter, as we go away frequently. I have filled a spray bottle with a diluted solution of pink flush liquid. we spray the loo before and after use and no problem.

Mummy mummy can I lick the bowl? No honey, you must flush it like everyone else! :lol: Seriously though, this takes me back to when we started out in the 70s with a 'bucket and chuckit'

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450