Ideal Home Show - Earls Court

Cherokee2015

Hi everyone

I won some tickets to the Ideal Home Show at Earls Court and really want to go. :jump: The problem is it's a 4 hour drive to London, and when I get there via the A1, what's the best option for parking etc.

Earls Court itself is very expensive, but also requires booking in advance and to be honest don't fancy driving right into London even though there is no congestion charge on a Saturday. :fear:

Could drive so far in and then get a train or tube into the centre of London - but the question is where to park for the best route. Thought maybe Wembley.

Train not an option, as the trains from Hull on a weekend don't run at sensible times to make the best of the day and to be honest - are a little pricey.

Had thought of booking a cheap overnight Travelodge type place and getting the train/tube, but having only been to London twice in my life have no idea what is best.

Using the van not an option as still living in it! :no:

So would really appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

Personally I would drive to Cockfosters underground and hop on that it will take you to Earls court road underground station,

Ok some directions

straight down the A1 to the M25 at south Mymms service go left towards Dartford tunnel come off at the next junction Exit 24 and take the 3rd exit off the roundabout the A111 towards Barnet after about 3 1/2 miles you will come to Trent park on your left and then a JET garage just after this on the left is the entrance to Cockfosters underground station, the last time I did this journey trains were very frequent.

Hope the above helps you and have a nice day out.

Thanks for that. What would the parking be like around there. Like I say, never really been to London. I know there are zones for the tube/trains but don't know much else. Any more tips gratefully received :lol:

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

Thanks for that. What would the parking be like around there. Like I say, never really been to London. I know there are zones for the tube/trains but don't know much else. Any more tips gratefully received :lol:

Hi Janet,

For information on transport in London visit www. tfl. gov. uk,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.