Question Re 12s Plug

bigbilly

I've just replaced the 12N & 12S plugs on my 2006 Bessacarr.

I carefully wrote down all the colours and their respective pins and also had a copy of the wiring diagram.

Just one question re the 12S plug. There were only 5 wires. No Brown. The wiring diagram said "Reverse sensor (Optional), usually spare." Fair Enough.

There was also no Blue. Shown as "Positive Ignition key ON (Battery Charging)". Does this mean I have no battery charging in the van when I am going along ?

Bill

I carefully wrote down all the colours and their respective pins and also had a copy of the wiring diagram.

Just one question re the 12S plug. There were only 5 wires. No Brown. The wiring diagram said "Reverse sensor (Optional), usually spare." Fair Enough.

There was also no Blue. Shown as "Positive Ignition key ON (Battery Charging)". Does this mean I have no battery charging in the van when I am going along ?

Bill

Do you know if you had battery charging with the old plugs?

One way to be sure if its working now, is to measure the voltage at the battery when the engine is running then measure it without the engine running.

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

You still have charging in your bessie just that the blue wire was for pre 99 vans and the brown wire has never been used for anything post or pre 99 its all done via a relay

Many thanks.

I've never put a meter across the battery, with the engine running to check, but I am a heavy user of the battery and always had enough 'power' to use the motor mover when I got home so assumed some charge was going in. .

Bill

Bill

Pin 2 not used in modern van wiring.