Not Again!

Guest Surfer

The price of alcohol will go up, only it will be to cut down on binge drinking and alcohol related illnesses. It will have nothing whatsoever to do with the extra revenue for the exchequer. Must dash, I am sure I just saw a flying pig :angry:

Regards
Ian

I'm fitting my pushbike with a tow bracket at this very moment. Actually,think I may need a tandem.

Do keep within the 85% rule. ..........................

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Guest tyke65

I think you will find that Gordon Brown is being entirely honest and transparent in this matter. You will find that he promised faithfully that fuel duty would not go up for a year and that it is, in fact, fuel tax which is going up. I may have inadvertently got these two 'levies' reversed but such is my eagerness to defend this paragon of fiscal probity that I had to put pen to

Edited by tyke65

Hi,

This is similar to the ''I don't want to increase alcohol prices as it will hit the responsible moderate drinker.'' Hurrah sense at last! Erm well maybe because Gordon went on to say that alcohol duty was the responsibility of Alastair Darling so expect a rise in the budget. A rise Gordon can do nothing about if it's the Chancellor who does the deed :rolleyes:,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

thought it was a global problem that started in the fine old USA :angry:

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

thought it was a global problem that started in the fine old USA :angry:

That is correct but it was mostly greedy Banks in Uk that was stupid enough to lend money.

Edited by Guest

That is correct but it was mostly greedy Banks in Uk that was stupid enough to lend money.

Surely not :blink: ??

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

Don't want to sound like I am standing up for the banks, but, they didn't force anyone to borrow money. A lot of people, me included, are victims of their own greed and stupidity.

Signed

Mr Stupid

Regards
Ian

I totally agree with the above. ..

If you were "Forced" to borrow money -- then I would go along to the CAB and ask for help. . as there must have been some sort of crime committed.

But I suspect, that most people were just as "greedy" as the banks, in wanting to have something that in reality they could not afford -- and borrowed money to get it. .

Nothing to do with the government -- just the people who borrowed the money. .

Perhaps the banks were too easy in acquiescing to the customers demands.

-- i. e. 110%+ mortgages

-- massive overdrafts

-- then suddenly the customer could not pay his debt !!!

and then it is the banks fault for lending them the money that THEY asked for. .

WE are ALL to blame

-- we were all on the band waggon --"look how much my house has gone up" -- "I am really rich !!"

We were all living beyond our means - collectively and individually

Some people just cant see it though. . and have to "blame" someone -- other than themselves.

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Don't want to sound like I am standing up for the banks, but, they didn't force anyone to borrow money. A lot of people, me included, are victims of their own greed and stupidity.

Signed

Mr Stupid

Yeah but they make it easy for you to borrow though. glad I have always live within my mean dispite all the temptations by bankers to lend me money.

WE are ALL to blame

-- we were all on the band waggon --"look how much my house has gone up" -- "I am really rich !!"

We were all living beyond our means - collectively and individually

Some people just cant see it though. . and have to "blame" someone -- other than themselves.

Maurice

Hi maurice,

Sorry but we were/are not all living beyond our means, some of us live well within their income,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Guest Surfer

We were not living beyond our means but the banks make it very tempting. My credit card limit was increased from £2000 to £3500 without us requesting it1 Luckily I had already cut up the card and was paying it off. Now that is what one calls irresponsible lending and the bansk can walk away from it as the taxpayer will cough up. The banks should have been allwoed to go to the wall as per normal commercial operation! Yes it would have created a lot of hardship but that is what life is all about. A smilar sitaution happened in the fifties and my grandfather lost thousands with no recompensation but mamanged to survive. This idiotic government is encouraging people to spend instead of save and I guess that says it all.

Yeah but they make it easy for you to borrow though. glad I have always live within my mean dispite all the temptations by bankers to lend me money.

[/quote

I would live within my means, but my circumstances changed. I should have been a lot more ruthless.

Edited by jan69c

Regards
Ian

We were not living beyond our means but the banks make it very tempting. My credit card limit was increased from £2000 to £3500 without us requesting it1 Luckily I had already cut up the card and was paying it off. Now that is what one calls irresponsible lending and the bansk can walk away from it as the taxpayer will cough up. The banks should have been allwoed to go to the wall as per normal commercial operation! Yes it would have created a lot of hardship but that is what life is all about. A smilar sitaution happened in the fifties and my grandfather lost thousands with no recompensation but mamanged to survive. This idiotic government is encouraging people to spend instead of save and I guess that says it all.

Hi Surfer,

We'll see soon if the banks are being more responsible because Im going on their website to increase my credit card limit from £8000 to £12000. It will be interesting to see if they query it,

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by ian dunning

Hi Surfer,

We'll see soon if the banks are being more responsible because Im going on their website to increase my credit card limit from £8000 to £12000. It will be interesting to see if they query it,

Regards,

Ian.

Coo - I wish I had a pension like that - the interest on a £12,000 credit card must be collossal, even at 16%.

Jealous - me? - well, yes given the way Ian spends money!

Coo - I wish I had a pension like that - the interest on a £12,000 credit card must be collossal, even at 16%.

I got 3 credit card with a total of £30000 and I have them for nearly 10yrs, do I ever use it NO.

Hi Roger,

Believe it or not by increasing my limit I'm being thrifty :D . I am putting all the building materials, for the new house, on the CC card so thet I receive the maximum amount of site vouchers, I'm actually paying off the bill every month. Pay interest, what me, on my meagre pension :D ?

Regards,

Ian.

Guest Surfer
Hi Roger,

Believe it or not by increasing my limit I'm being thrifty :D . I am putting all the building materials, for the new house, on the CC card so thet I receive the maximum amount of site vouchers, I'm actually paying off the bill every month. Pay interest, what me, on my meagre pension :D ?

Regards,

Ian.

More important if the supplier goes bust, you are protected. We now only use the CC to make a payment when we have the necessary funds in our current account. Bit of a pain but no interest as the card is paid up within a few days again. We did this with our Egg card and were told about 18 months ago that they were not renewing it as obviously they were not making money out of us.

[/quote

I would live within my means, but my circumstances changed. I should have been a lot more ruthless.

I was in that position back in 1986 a change of circumstances make me become ruthless I changed my way and it has paid off. No debt, No stress, retired early at 52.

I was in that position back in 1986 a change of circumstances make me become ruthless I changed my way and it has paid off. No debt, No stress, retired early at 52.