Towsure Insignia Awning

JohnDT

In the market at the moment for a new full awning and came across the Towsure own brand Insignia awning. Appears to be high spec at a very competitive price. Both front & side panels removable or can be rolled down, lightweight quick release alloy frame etc. Plus range of optional extras available.

Has any member got one or viewed them, any feedback would be much appreciated. My nearest store is Southampton & as I live in Essex it's not practical to travel to actually see one in the flesh before buying.

John

It looks like all their "Own" brand items ie a branded Dorema.

We have last years one which is resonable quality - pays your money gets your quality, no fault and are happy with it.

When we were looking and went up the the NEC show went and spoke to Dorema about hte awnings, basically its is their design and material specifications but nade out in Asia hence the cheaper price. The salesman at Dorema was quite open about it and the quality. If you are after an awaning to use 3-4 times a year for say 6-10 years in mostly good weather then it will be fine, if however you are after a seasonal awning for many years then this is not the awning for you.

Bailey Pageant Bretagne Series 6 - LR Discovery Td5 Auto

The Insignia is made by Pyramid and that information came from a friend of mine who has a relation who works for Towsure. .Have a look at Dorema's website. .They have had a cancelled export order and are snowed under with two models of awning and are offering them direct with a 40% discount

http://www. dorema. co. uk/

Cheers

Hobbynut

Edited by Hobbynut

It wasn't me. .The big lads did it and ran away

In the market at the moment for a new full awning and came across the Towsure own brand Insignia awning. Appears to be high spec at a very competitive price. Both front & side panels removable or can be rolled down, lightweight quick release alloy frame etc. Plus range of optional extras available.

Has any member got one or viewed them, any feedback would be much appreciated. My nearest store is Southampton & as I live in Essex it's not practical to travel to actually see one in the flesh before buying.

John

Hi I echo Andypole's sentiments I think it is what last year was selling as a Starcamp brand - designed by Dorema but made in China. We've got one ok for what it cost but if you can get a Dorema Montana direct from Dorema in their clearance I would say you would get a better awning. Ours got a tiny hole in the roof when pitched under some trees and when the roof is wet and you look up you can see what appears to be areas where the material looks as if it has flaws in it.

I do like the alloy frame though. Would I buy another - probably not. Is it reasonable value for what it costs - probably yes

Ken

Lunar Quasar 525 & Vauxhall Zafira 1. 9d (150)

• 5 years later...

Guys,

Old thread I know but was wondering how everyone is getting on with these awnings now there are few years old ?

I'm currently looking for a full awning myself and have read mixed reviews on the on the Insignia.

Phil.