Awning Size

Beachcomber1995

have a bailey beeachcomber 1995, book says awning size is 920, measured caravan, size 930. which size do i go for a 900-924 or 925-949 :unsure: . ....................spritly86

I have just bought a new awning and even though its not the same size as yours I was advised to never by too big as you will not get the tension right on the awning. If I was you I would go for the 900-924. Tension on the awning is a big thing as a. it looks better and b the wind just loves loose awnings, you don't want any poles getting loose and damaging your van.

This is just what i have read about and I am a a newbie so maybe some of the pro guys and girls will come to help you soon too.

I have just bought a new awning and even though its not the same size as yours I was advised to never by too big as you will not get the tension right on the awning. If I was you I would go for the 900-924. Tension on the awning is a big thing as a. it looks better and b the wind just loves loose awnings, you don't want any poles getting loose and damaging your van.

This is just what i have read about and I am a a newbie so maybe some of the pro guys and girls will come to help you soon too.

Hi Chrissie,

Nice one, posted like a true seasoned caravanner! I told you that you'd soon learn :D,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

thanks for the information, will go for the smaller size :) . ......................spritly86

Hi, Could I tag on a similar question? With the risk of sounding an idiot looming over me, our van measures 760cm which I think equates to a size 5. Which size range should I be looking for in centimeters?

Thanks

Pete & Julie.

Edited by Fleetwood

Home is where you park it.