Winches

rodie

hi,im looking for a winch hand or electric, to pull my caravan backwards up my drive, up slight gradient then turn it round on drive, i have looked on ebay etc are the belt type or cable type preferrd, or any input welcomed

hi,im looking for a winch hand or electric, to pull my caravan backwards up my drive, up slight gradient then turn it round on drive, i have looked on ebay etc are the belt type or cable type preferrd, or any input welcomed

What are you going to fasten it to (on the caravan) ?

Best bet is get a motor mover

Radiotwo

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

Hi again Rodie,

I'm a bit confused here. ... if you are going to turn the caravan around at the top of the drive why don't you just pull it up front first? That way you can utilise the tow hitch.

If you have an anchor point at the top of the drive then either a manual or electric winch will do the job. .. just depends on how much energy you want to put into it!

I'm sure your situ is not as simple as I have assumed, if so perhaps a little more detail would be helpful!

Regards

G.

Guest John KS

Bought mine from Towsure. It is a belt type.

Edited by John KS

Aldi are selling an electric winch now at a low price. Maybe this could be made to work for you.

I used to use a manual 2 speed Dutton steel cable winch to pull our old trailor tent in to the shed.

http://www. winchwarehouse. co. uk/winches/ma. ..prices_135. html

WD1800 Dutton Manual Winch: 1800lbs - 2 Speed

The TT was only about 600kg but there was a hell of a force on the cable. The slope was about 1 in 4. I attached a tow rope to each corner steady and the cable to the tow rope.

just make sure you anchor the winch properley.

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

Where are you ? I have a cable type hand winch with a snap hook one end and a tow ball on the other end.

I used it to place my caravan onthe drive before installing a level base,

Just in the clutter in the garage, you are welcome to it, just pay the post or collect

Rod

I have a brand new, boxed and unused 12 volt electric winch with detachable plate for using on car towball. Can also supply a tow ball to attach to cable. £30 collect or + postage (it's heavy). Or a hand winch used once £10. Close to J12 M1. PM for full details

Edited by beejay

hi we are nr liskeard cornwall, but have family in orpington , i need to pull my caravan backwards up the drive, i let it down the drive on the hand brake before i got hitch lock etc , i can winch it off the car there is room there just want to control it up the hill as there is a river if it went down hill another 10ft !