samfishing

A silly question i know. ..

I bought some "silky" caravan and boat cleaner to clean and hopefully polish up the front of my Elddis caravan which has become a bit dull, what i'm not sure about is, is it safe to use on the paintwork on the sides? it does say "non-scratch" but it's safer to ask first.

Thanks for your time

Sam.

gallery_1122_263_208.jpg

I've used it to get rid of black streaks and oily finger marks around the battery locker door and worked a treat :D

Regards

NRF

Me too

It lasts for ages

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

Hi

I am completely new to this.

I have just got my first caravan a few hors ago.

I had to buy a mondeo lkast week and had a witter towbar and al ko ball fitted.

All lights are fine but I was told the reverse lights on the caravan was not fitted up but not to worry as this is not illegal. is that true?

Thanks

Bobby

Its true--amazingly

I've fitted them myself before now more as a warning to other road users than anything else

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

Hi

I am completely new to this.

I have just got my first caravan a few hors ago.

I had to buy a mondeo lkast week and had a witter towbar and al ko ball fitted.

All lights are fine but I was told the reverse lights on the caravan was not fitted up but not to worry as this is not illegal. is that true?

Thanks

Bobby

Bobby, for the sake of good order its worth pointing out that you have posted a new message on the end of a particular topic or "thread" as its known in internet forums. If you want to add a comment to the existing thread, about that thread, thats fine but otherwise its best to start a new topic

regards

NRF

Thank you for the comment and explanation. As I explained I am totally new to all this so appreciate the right guidance.

You will see that I managed a new thread.

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

Ask away if you want to know anything as we all have to learn.

To Sam,

I would have no problem but if you're worried about the cleaner I would call the manufacturer's helpline and ask,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

A silly question i know. ..

I bought some "silky" caravan and boat cleaner to clean and hopefully polish up the front of my Elddis caravan which has become a bit dull, what i'm not sure about is, is it safe to use on the paintwork on the sides? it does say "non-scratch" but it's safer to ask first.

Thanks for your time

Sam.

I've cleaned and polished my caravans for years with "MER" and found it to be the best yet. .. however I have used Silky to get stubborn marks off the Fibre Glass front & rear panels at times.

Cheers

Tez ;)

I've cleaned and polished my caravans for years with "MER" and found it to be the best yet. .. however I have used Silky to get stubborn marks off the Fibre Glass front & rear panels at times.

Cheers

Tez ;)

Hi Tez,

Some would say, and have posted on here, that Mer is too abrasive for Caravan paintwork though I did use it myself with no major problems. I simply don't polish at all now as the 'van is washed at least once a month before we go away. I found that when I was not able to polish the 'van, but was able to wash it one side per day :D that there was no noticeable difference in cleanliness,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

We've used Silky for about 20 years, - and we're still on our second tub! We only use it for stubborn marks and black streaks, but it works a treat. We use Fenwick's caravan cleaner for the rest of the bodywork.

2003 Autotrail 635SE Mercedes Sprinter, 2011 Hyundai i10

'Life is too short to stuff a mushroom.'

I am a great fan of Mer and have used it for years on both cars and caravans. It's now owned by Farecla who also produce some first class products but tend to concentrate on the boat market.

It's a minefield out there with the number of products but I'm sure that most of us, by trial and error, settle on products that suit us !

Bill