Cawood Near Selby Yorkshire..

It was a last minute rush, Dickinson's phoned to say the carrot was mended. The gas leak was actually behind the fridge. There was no point in putting him back in the garden and I had pre booked holiday off work so we rang Cawood last minute and got a space. Mainly booked this site as my son is a new at fishing and it has a great lake. So glad we did as it really was a great site too.

Everything packed we hit the motorway then followed roads that had more bends than my grannies perm lol I must admit I have started to close my eyes now lol don't worry folk I was not driving.

Reaching Cawood at £19 a night for everything (that is set no matter the awning dog extra rug rat etc) and a £10 deposit for toilet key. Its mainly grass but nicely spaced. Ok were far from experts but I did not feel folk invaded my space. It was light so we put up our super fast new awning. ..hahaha three hours later using a torch it was nearly finished. We had enough space in between our edges for our large 4x4 too.

Next Day the wind was up as early as the twitcher delight 5. 30 am. Will we ever get used to the birds lol. We go for a walk and its still a lovely day even thought the wind puts stop to our boys fishing. Hubby goes home to pick up dogs and our delightful teenager daughter who now wants to come knowing it has a small club house and swimming pool. We shower in the showers that are surprisingly very hot and clean. It was my first time and i must admit i left my crocs on lol hey I am a city girl too. We go and join the others in the club house which also has had a revamp like the site and they had a singing act on, Kids had to be out by 10. 15 most nights but some times are allowed to stay. The conservatory that is open on a afternoon/night away from the act is beautiful inside and looks over the lake. They also have a small shop in the reception area that has essentials at reasonable prices. You go via the reception to get into their new swimming pool which is small but we had a lovely swim and it was very very clean. They even make you take your shoes off before getting changed and place them on a rack. All in all we feel this is a lovely place for family's and the older end that like to ponder and have a quite beer. It has heaps of fish in the lake too with talk of a pike but not really sure about that lol. There is no old dirty caravan that I once read about in another report. There is lots of places to walk with the dogs but not really let them off. I never once saw any dog doo on the ground or in the large playing field. We are going back at easter as we were pre booked anyway but i think it is a place we will return a lot to as I really enjoyed all parts and the staff were always friendly too. I have some photos but will post them separate.

post-20566-1237319838_thumb.jpg

My parents have had a seasonal on here for the last 10 years and although impressed with the new layout, there is talk of it becoming a static only site in the future. It has changed hands a few times in recent years, going from family to adults only, to family again. My parents like the new conservatory area, but were not so keen on the area where the act was on as it was too loud for them (although good singers!). They particularly like the area for walking etc, and highly recommend the chip shop in nearby Selby. Very peaceful site with the fishing etc, but word has it - things are about to change as the same people own this site Shaw Hall complete with plastic grass :o want to make it the same.

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

Janet there was talk about the statics coming aboard and that the tourers were to be put in the two fields. I also believe that the two sisters have bought a older member of the family out. I am so nosy lol. Its still very nice at the moment for those wishing to visit in the next few months and then maybe we can have some more reviews of the changes of your mum.

Carman yes we do have some pictures of our three hour awning and my nails are now crowning from breaking off after putting the curtains up lol Isabella make lovely instruction folders but the instructions are rubbish for newbies like us. The tension is not at its best and we are not sure if the grey mud wall should be out or in. We also were left with a long pole lol please bare in mind it was dark too. I then clicked it was the window thing that lets you half open a door lol. After looking at our awning for ages i know now what it reminds me of too lol the house on Amitiville horror. ..

Edited by Mr Carrot

Glad you enjoyed your stay there.

We stayed there for 5 days in 2007

29052007379.jpg

Edited by ScoobyWRX

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

• 1 month later...

I just booked after reading your review (and others) looks really nice, booked for 10 nights in August for a very reasonable £17. 70 a night (weekly rate £120 plus 4 nights at £19) looking forward to it as it looks very nice, my oldest son loves fishing so will try to convince his Dad to take his stuff with us. They said it was staying the same until at least then.

You didn't by any chance notice how much it was to use the washing machines did you? Just with me going for so long might use them instead of taking so many clothes.

Edited by lil_me

It was a last minute rush, Dickinson's phoned to say the carrot was mended. The gas leak was actually behind the fridge. There was no point in putting him back in the garden and I had pre booked holiday off work so we rang Cawood last minute and got a space. Mainly booked this site as my son is a new at fishing and it has a great lake. So glad we did as it really was a great site too.

Everything packed we hit the motorway then followed roads that had more bends than my grannies perm lol I must admit I have started to close my eyes now lol don't worry folk I was not driving.

Reaching Cawood at £19 a night for everything (that is set no matter the awning dog extra rug rat etc) and a £10 deposit for toilet key. Its mainly grass but nicely spaced. Ok were far from experts but I did not feel folk invaded my space. It was light so we put up our super fast new awning. ..hahaha three hours later using a torch it was nearly finished. We had enough space in between our edges for our large 4x4 too.

Next Day the wind was up as early as the twitcher delight 5. 30 am. Will we ever get used to the birds lol. We go for a walk and its still a lovely day even thought the wind puts stop to our boys fishing. Hubby goes home to pick up dogs and our delightful teenager daughter who now wants to come knowing it has a small club house and swimming pool. We shower in the showers that are surprisingly very hot and clean. It was my first time and i must admit i left my crocs on lol hey I am a city girl too. We go and join the others in the club house which also has had a revamp like the site and they had a singing act on, Kids had to be out by 10. 15 most nights but some times are allowed to stay. The conservatory that is open on a afternoon/night away from the act is beautiful inside and looks over the lake. They also have a small shop in the reception area that has essentials at reasonable prices. You go via the reception to get into their new swimming pool which is small but we had a lovely swim and it was very very clean. They even make you take your shoes off before getting changed and place them on a rack. All in all we feel this is a lovely place for family's and the older end that like to ponder and have a quite beer. It has heaps of fish in the lake too with talk of a pike but not really sure about that lol. There is no old dirty caravan that I once read about in another report. There is lots of places to walk with the dogs but not really let them off. I never once saw any dog doo on the ground or in the large playing field. We are going back at easter as we were pre booked anyway but i think it is a place we will return a lot to as I really enjoyed all parts and the staff were always friendly too. I have some photos but will post them separate.

Mr Carrot

Would you like to copy and paste your review here http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/index. php?showforum=56 I can do it for you but it will show up as me being the reviewer!

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels