Caravan Front Defect

woody3

Having just returned from a short break I was washing the van and noticed that a small area of the recess rim to the front around the grab handle had peeled away. Looks as if the top layer has come away in an area about 60mm by 20mm.

Have not noticed this before and nothing was mentioned at its first service last month.

I am obviously concerned that it has occured in the first place on a 12month old van but also that it will spread.

Any advice as to next course of action.

Probably need to return to dealer 60miles trip.

What are the repair options for them ?

Woody3

2008 Swift Conqueror 540

Kia Sportage XS 2. 7 with LPG conversion.

Having just returned from a short break I was washing the van and noticed that a small area of the recess rim to the front around the grab handle had peeled away. Looks as if the top layer has come away in an area about 60mm by 20mm.

Have not noticed this before and nothing was mentioned at its first service last month.

I am obviously concerned that it has occured in the first place on a 12month old van but also that it will spread.

Any advice as to next course of action.

Probably need to return to dealer 60miles trip.

What are the repair options for them ?

Woody3

Your GRP front panel needs repairing, it sounds like some gelcoat has come out. This needs repairing professionally and will need an engineer from Swift to repair it for you at a dealership. If you PM me or email me your details we can look into this for you,

thanks

Andy

aspacey@swiftleisure. co. uk

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks