Hitch Limits On A Bpw Chassis

Lee E

Hi all

Is the max hitch weight for a BPW chassis the same as an alko one ie 100Kg. I have got a terrano with a max ball weight of 120Kg

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

My van is 100kg if that helps.

That will be the one :) . i have lost my handbook and wanted to make sure I loaded it right.

Thanks

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

Lee

There are 2 different hitches fitted to Explorer Group caravans. The smaller hitch has a maximum load of 100kgs whilst the larger hitch has a maximum of 150kgs. If you check your handbook you can determine from the technical specification the maximum hitch load for your caravan.

If your caravan is pre 2009 then please contact our Customer Services Department on 01207 699000 and they will be able to advise the maximum hitch load for your caravan as BPW changed the Hitch Load prior to 2009.

Regards

David

From 22/05/15 no longer working for Elddis

Hi all

Is the max hitch weight for a BPW chassis the same as an alko one ie 100Kg. I have got a terrano with a max ball weight of 120Kg

Regards

Lee

Depends what you mean by "chassis"

Winterhoff make the coupling and the instructions for their models show

WS 3000 D - S. ..... 3000 kg max trailer weight. ...150 kg download

WS 3000 H - S. ..... 2000/1350 kg max weight 150 kg download

WS 3000 L - S . .....1350 kg max weight 150 kg download

The caravan should have a plate showing max weight and download (hitch) max load. If the hitch load is less than the coupling then you must use the lower of the two.

Edited by beejay

Cheers all - thanks for the replies.

Regards

Lee