Mouldy Bathroom Roof Light In Challenger 560

Guest John KS

Guest John KS

Has anyone else had trouble with the rooflight in the bathroom showing signs of mould? There is also a hell of a draft blowing down from it. Damn cold when standing there in your birthday suit!!

It has cleaned off but I know it will be back. We have put a sheet of poythene over it in the past but I am sure we shouldn't have to do that.

Any ideas? It is going in for service end of next week so would like to tell the dealers how to correct it. They won't have a clue I bet!!!!

John

I have a Conqueror 540 and raised the question on this forum some time ago that the rubber seal did not go all around the rooflight. The response was that it was on the leading edge only to give a little ventilation. I do not have problem with mould or draughts, in fact with the heating on it gets quite warm ! Surely mould occurs due to lack of ventilation, do you open after showers etc. .. As with a house, ventilation is vip to avoid condensation and mould growth so suggest it must be how you use the van. Is this ocurring during use or after long term storage ?

Woody3

2008 Swift Conqueror 540

Kia Sportage XS 2. 7 with LPG conversion.

Guest John KS

Hi Woody.

We don't get mould when we are using the van only when it is in storage with the cover on. Window left ajar in bathroom and door left open doesn't cure it. Will have to clean it all off and go back to the polythene.

Sounds as if the cover is the problem preventing ventilation.

Sure there must be a thread somewhere on the Forum about caravan covers, their benefits and disadvantages.

I note some describe themselves as " breathable" but I do not use one so have no experience.

If you are covering the roof with polythene why not cut out a square around the WC rooflight to allow ventilation ?

Hope you solve the problem.

Woody3

2008 Swift Conqueror 540

Kia Sportage XS 2. 7 with LPG conversion.