Awning Help

lorna3066

hi can ant one help i have sited my caravan on a seasonal pitch due to not having a drive any more, our pitch is not very level we have errected the awning but because off the incline the bottom off the awning is only just reaching the ground it is a size 9 i am looking for a new one should i get a size or more bigger ?

Edited by lorna3066

hi can ant one help i have sited my caravan on a seasonal pitch due to not having a drive any more, our pitch is not very level we have errected the awning but because off the incline the bottom off the awning is only just reaching the ground it is a size 9 i am looking for a new one should i get a size or more bigger ?

Hi Lorna, welcome to Caravan Talk, is it that you caravan is not level front to back, or is it not level side to side?

GPS

Hi Lorna,

Welcome, not doubt someone will be able to help. It sounds like you may need to level your caravan with wheel ramps first. What's it like in side, do things slide off the table?

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

Hi Lorna,

Welcome, not doubt someone will be able to help. It sounds like you may need to level your caravan with wheel ramps first. What's it like in side, do things slide off the table?

The way I read it, Lorna has already leveled the 'van side to side using a ramp/block etc on the awning side of the 'van, hence the reason for the awning not reaching the floor! ;)

Lunar Delta 520/2 towed by Omega 3. 0 Elite

the van is level inside nothing slides off the sides lol . the door side off the van is in a slope so there for the legs on that side are raised high and the other side is at its lowest have just about managed to get the pegs in the bottom off the awning. i am looking at buying a new awning will a bigger size give me more lengh to peg down ?

Hi Lorna

Your description makes sense to me. I would have thought one size up will be OK, however, I've got a garage full of "that should fit" mistakes! I'm sure somone will come up the the right answer soon.

Bailey s5 Senator Carolina + Ford Ranger Double Cab + VFR800Fiw

You could big a hole for the wheel on the low side to go into which will lower the wheel on the high side, you'll probably need to use a jack to level the van on the high side instead of ramps.

You could big a hole for the wheel on the low side to go into which will lower the wheel on the high side, you'll probably need to use a jack to level the van on the high side instead of ramps.

Or you could ask for a better pitch, you are paying for the whole season after all :rolleyes:

Bailey Ranger 510/4

& Skoda Octavia Elegance Estate 1. 9TDI

Various010-1.jpgmedia3_cropped-4.jpg

its not level side to side the door side off the van is quite high thats why awning is not reaching the floor

Hi,

Just to clarify, do you mean the ground or the caravan is not level side to side?

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!