Air Conditioning Units

Muchi

Hi,

Can anybody please give me advice on air conditioning units, from any experiences they have had.   :)

14072[/snapback]

They're heavy, bulky, expensive and quite noisy, but a real plus if you're heading to the Med or similar. Be aware that immediate neighbours may complain on some close packed sites if you leave the fans on high speed overnight, but use with consideration for others, and you'll be the envy of those same neighbours! I'm not aware of any that operate on low voltages so a 240V hookup is essential.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Hi,

Can anybody please give me advice on air conditioning units, from any experiences they have had.   :)

14072[/snapback]

Hi,

Our caravan came with an ACU, one factor that made us choose it.

We find it quite quiet, but agree the older ones are a bit noisier.

Ours has a small heater element in it as well, which is good to give some background heating.

We went to France last year and the weather was fab, so the ACU was a bonus it was great to go into the caravan to cool off

Get one if you can !!!

Remember even in UK you can have hot weather !!!!

Ours has a small heater element in it as well, which is good to give some background heating.

14107[/snapback]

Now that's a definate plus point, and presumably will allow full air conditioning and not just air cooling. Is it automated to maintain a selected room tempersture?

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Thanks for the reply, thats the reason we would like one as I have trouble sleeping when it's hot, any recommendations as to a good manufacturer, I have done the usual google search and found a few but I am not sure which one to go for

Now that's a definate plus point, and presumably will allow full air conditioning and not just air cooling. Is it automated to maintain a selected room tempersture?

Gordon.

14118[/snapback]

It has the usual compressor and a thermostat, when the 'coldness' is reached the compressor shuts down and the fan circulates the air in the caravan until the air temp raises then the compressor kicks in again.

It is virtually silent when the compressor shuts down.

The warm air blower does not have a thermostat, but we use it just to keep the chill off the air in the colder months.