Feedback Wanted Please

Mrk

After posting last week looking for a fixed bunk van, I appear to of accidentally put a deposit on a Lunar Chateau 500 which is just the layout we are after.

What are the thoughts and opinions of these 'impostor Lunar's' on the forum? Are these Belgium built vans liked/disliked.

Positive & or negative feedback, problems, faults, likes etc please. .......

Forearmed is forewarned or something like that. :D

Thanks,

Mark

Guest John KS
After posting last week looking for a fixed bunk van, I appear to of accidentally put a deposit on a Lunar Chateau 500 which is just the layout we are after.

What are the thoughts and opinions of these 'impostor Lunar's' on the forum? Are these Belgium built vans liked/disliked.

Thanks,

Mark

One problem I see is the integral bathroom and shower. Everything gets wet!!!!!!!! :o

We had a Lunar Chateau a few years ago when we returned to caravanning after a break of a few years. The biggest problems as far as we were concerned were the combined shower/toilet (common to lots of vans) and the very thin upholstery (this may have changed) which meant the beds were not very comfortable.

Cheers

Ken

Lunar Quasar 525 & Vauxhall Zafira 1. 9d (150)

Thanks,

Mark

I hope you like it, could be a very expensive accident! by the way, how did you do it by accident?

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

I hope you like it, could be a very expensive accident! by the way, how did you do it by accident?

Spoken like a true Yorkshireman where money is never ever spent accidentally, sometimes not even on purpose :lol:,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Spoken like a true Yorkshireman where money is never ever spent accidentally, sometimes not even on purpose :lol:,

Regards,

Ian.

Careful Ian, i could be offended by the last sentence!!

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Careful Ian, i could be offended by the last sentence!!

Phil.

Hi Phil,

Jacki says that I fit in so well in Yorkshire though I really don't know what she means :D,

regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Thanks,

Mark

sorry Mark but I am not sure what you mean - as others have asked, how did you pay a deposit "accidentally"? and what is an "imposter Lunar"?

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

Guest John KS
sorry Mark but I am not sure what you mean - as others have asked, how did you pay a deposit "accidentally"? and what is an "imposter Lunar"?

I wondered that too???????

and what is an "imposter Lunar"?

. ......maybe a non Lunar designed, and constructed, 'van which is rebadged as a Lunar?

Regards,

Ian.

. ......maybe a non Lunar designed, and constructed, 'van which is rebadged as a Lunar?

Regards,

Ian.

that might be a very big MAYBE Ian ;)

that might be a very big MAYBE Ian ;)

Hi Ivan,

I'm working from memory again, I really must stop doing that as I haven't got much left to work from :D,

Regards,

Ian.

The Lunar Chateau is/was not made by Lunar but by a Belgium company called Chateau. Apparently Lunar were given these Chateau vans by their then parent company Tirus to sell. Tirus sold other brands like Cristall Further info on CT before going bust in 2007. Lunar are now UK owned again and as it happens celebrating their 40th Birthday this year.

As for the "accidentally paying a deposit", well found the Lunar on eBay and it was going to finish that day. Was a bit of an impulse bid after a quick round of emails and a chat with the seller. Not my usual process of taking time to way the pros and cons before making the jump.

UPDATE: had a call and although I won the auction the seller now states that they will not release the van to me :angry: What is going on. ......

So it appears the hunt for the fixed rear bunk van continues. ...................

Thanks everyone for the feedback, please keep it coming :)

Mark

The Lunar Chateau is/was not made by Lunar but by a Belgium company called Chateau. Apparently Lunar were given these Chateau vans by their then parent company Tirus to sell. Tirus sold other brands like Cristall Further info on CT before going bust in 2007. Lunar are now UK owned again and as it happens celebrating their 40th Birthday this year.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the information. I thought it was a rebadged 'van,

Regards,

Ian.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the information. I thought it was a rebadged 'van,

Regards,

Ian.

stop showing off Ian just because your memory worked on this occasion :D

As for the "accidentally paying a deposit", well found the Lunar on eBay and it was going to finish that day. Was a bit of an impulse bid after a quick round of emails and a chat with the seller. Not my usual process of taking time to way the pros and cons before making the jump.

UPDATE: had a call and although I won the auction the seller now states that they will not release the van to me :angry: What is going on. ......

So it appears the hunt for the fixed rear bunk van continues. ...................

Thanks everyone for the feedback, please keep it coming :)

Mark

Mark - thanks for the explanation - now all clear . ........... except, of course, that you haven't got a van yet. hope you can find one soon.

stop showing off Ian just because your memory worked on this occasion :D

I have to get it right sometimes :lol: .