Braemar For Easter

boutts

jJust getting round to thinking about the kids easter hols. Dont want to go too far away so were thinking about the Braemac CC site for a few days. Has anyone used this site and what is it like?

One of local-ish sites. Very nice it is too, though we prefer Silverbank CC site at Banchory, partially as it is easier for us to get to.

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

One of our local sites too - lovely spot, if you are a walker you will be spoilt for choice. Must say I've never experienced the socks in toilets and we have been going regularly for the last goodness knows how many years. Brilliant restaurant in the village - The Gathering Place - superb good in lovely surroundings, we always eat there when we are over that way. Good butchers in the village too, really highlights the difference between a good butcher and supermarket meat. Good play area on site too - aimed at older kids as well as little ones.

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

One of our local sites too - lovely spot, if you are a walker you will be spoilt for choice. Must say I've never experienced the socks in toilets and we have been going regularly for the last goodness knows how many years. Brilliant restaurant in the village - The Gathering Place - superb good in lovely surroundings, we always eat there when we are over that way. Good butchers in the village too, really highlights the difference between a good butcher and supermarket meat. Good play area on site too - aimed at older kids as well as little ones.

This would be local for us too as we stay in Alford so only 42 miles from home but just be good to get away! Our other choices would be Mintlaw or Portsoy to stay local.

This would be local for us too as we stay in Alford so only 42 miles from home but just be good to get away! Our other choices would be Mintlaw or Portsoy to stay local.

I would choose Braemar - but on I live on the coast and just a few miles from Portsoy so maybe am biased.

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

I would go for Braemar too . .. partially due to the high cost of council sites like Mintlaw . .. last time we stayed on one it was much dearer than we pay with the CC and got dirty facilities and small pitches into the bargain! Also the fact that the family of six in the next door 'van were paying the same as us two was rather annoying as they charge per van rather than per person!

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

oooohh, you are making me want to be there! I love Braemar and Ballater too. Born in Aberdeen, it feels like home. My Dad was in mountain rescue before it was organised like now, he loved the mountains too. Been too long since we were there.

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto

oooohh, you are making me want to be there! I love Braemar and Ballater too. Born in Aberdeen, it feels like home. My Dad was in mountain rescue before it was organised like now, he loved the mountains too. Been too long since we were there.

Go for it . ... this is the year of homecoming after all isn't it! :D

I would love to, but a broken (in 2 places !) arm is keeping me home. Right now we should have been on our way to Spain. ........now postponed till September, maybe.

Trip April/May/June down south planned instead, hopefully we can make it to Braemar in July or August.

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto

We are off to Braemar for the weekend - 500 miles round trip must be mad, Always loved Deeside, having been holidaying there for the last 40 years, often have wild camped up the vallley towards Glen Shee - this weekend we are staying in a stone caravan without wheels I believe its often called a cottage.

Kevin

Amazing coincidence. We were in Alford this morning. Went there on the way home after spending a celebration night at Kildrummy Castle Hotel.

It's been a while since we were on the road from Blairgowrie to Braemar. I'm amazed at the poor quality of the surface and the undulations would play havoc with a long outfit. Make a note to self.