Sign in to follow this  
bigbilly

Fridge Vent Covers

I still have my fridge vent covers on from last year and used for caravanning through the Winter.

I'm sure I have asked this before but it's not in my handbook. When is it suggested that they are removed i. e. at what approximate outside air temperature ?

Bill

We leave our covers on until about now - unless we are somewhere we need to run the fridge on gas.

From memory 8degC

Info from page on Swift Owners Club site with reference to Dometic/Electrolux fridges

"Fit winter covers to the vents whenever the outside temperature is below 10ºC (50ºF)".

GPS

GPS

Thanks for the help.

Looks like they come off this week then !!

Bill

one of mine came off in the wind on the motorway. :rolleyes: don't forget to put them back on when stored or travelling.

jeff

Electrolux/Dometic state 10 degrees Celcius.

That's May to October in the Midlands, but it obviously depends whether you caravan north or south - and the weather, of course!

:mellow: Manufacturers do say 10c and below when in use, but its recommended that you keep covers on during storage to prevent debris being blown in. If you are on the Hunstanton to Cromer coast (Norfolk) those cold northeasterly may mean keeping them on until May when frosts are normally over, watch the weather forecast and act accordingly. :mellow:

Brian

From memory 8degC

I don't know if anybody read this post as it wasn't commented on ;) but this is what Thetford say on their website

Should I take special precautions using my refrigerator during winter?

We advise using Thetford winter covers on the ventilation grills from 8 degrees Celsius and below to ensure optimum performance. Winter covers can be obtained as an accessory from your Thetford point of sale.

8 or 10 its not a lot of difference :D