Compass Commodore

DISCOVERY77

I am interested in a Compass Comodore and would be grateful for any info about the caravan. I have contacted the Explorer group for a brochure and await their reply. If you have any experience of this van i would be grateful for any pointers.

Cheers

tarant77@tiscali. co. uk

Guest macSpot

Very vague memory here, but Compass did build a Commodore caravan and I have seen one. However, and the reason its a vague memory, I think these were an early model built around the mid to late 80's, which is a bit before my time. (Honest :D ), which is probably why the Explorer Group product archive doesn't show it.

I will check with some friends, who are in the know, and see if they can enlighten me.

Cheers,

MacSpot

Guest macSpot

Hello again,

My friends confirmed my thoughts. Yes, Compass did build Commodore vans.

The first Rallye vans were called Compass Commodore Rallye, they were built in 1980, 1981 and 1982. Then in 1983 or 84 they had a Commodore which was notable because it had scarlet coach lines and a large gas bottle locker going from one side of the van to the other.

In 1987 Compass produced another Compass Commodore, which was notable for its heavy noseweight. Owners had to drain down the water tank before towing.

All the dates are only approximate, except the one in 86/87 is correct as my friends ordered one, but as there were production difficulties they changed their minds and ordered a Rallye 400/2 instead! This last model was top of the range over the Rallye's.

They were dropped in favour of the Rallye after 87.

Hope that helps,

MacSpot

Guest macSpot
Excellent info - thanks.

The Explorer Group archive only goes back to 1992 after all.   All I can remember about 1982 is getting married  :rolleyes:

14327[/snapback]

Yes but do you still like Status Quo?? :D

MacSpot

Many thanks for the info, the plonker selling the caravan misadvertised the one he had,it was a compass connosuir and 5 berth at that

cheers

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

hi we have a compass commodore 450 se sitting here. sadly theres no plates or paperwork with the van and we would love to know what the van weighs in at. anybody that could give us an idea we would be very greatful.