Hitch Covers

jan69c

Why do people use hitch covers ? I really have no idea, most of the vans at our storage site have them. Should I get one ?

Regards
Ian

Guest tyke65

Apart from the obvious reasons there aren't any reasons. The reasons for covering the hitch lock are the obvious reasons.

I know what I mean, it's what I say that's confusing.

Apart from the obvious reasons there aren't any reasons. The reasons for covering the hitch lock are the obvious reasons.

I know what I mean, it's what I say that's confusing.

Prevents the plastic parts on an Alkohitch becoming brittle & faded. Thats what someone else on here once said.

"Scars are souvenirs you never loose"

2010 Swift Charisma Freestyle 550 + 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura.

Prevents the plastic parts on an Alkohitch becoming brittle & faded. Thats what someone else on here once said.

Hmm, had noticed the red plastic fading slightly. Might as well get one.

Regards
Ian

Not only does it protect the hitch but also the electrical connectors. For a small outlay and a few minutes work, it does protect these items from the excesses of the weather.

Roger

GREYHOUNDS MAKE GREAT PETS

Swift Challenger and Kia Sorento XS Auto

we got one with the caravan when we bought it. ...it advertises the dealer! It just keeps the worst of the weather off the plastic plugs and bits Al Ko bits!

Ian to Jan96C how? :rolleyes:

As to hitch covers, Would you wear a dress shirt without a tie! However a tie serves no purpose, It's form before function. So it is with a towbar covers. So you have bought a cover mearely to be accepted and with pretensions of been better than those who hang convention. Or you are stopping your red bits going pink. You decide. :D

Kevin

Going for the most pretentious post of the year award.

As to hitch covers, Would you wear a dress shirt without a tie! However a tie serves no purpose, It's form before function. So it is with a towbar covers. So you have bought a cover mearely to be accepted and with pretensions of been better than those who hang convention. Or you are stopping your red bits going pink. You decide. :D

Kevin

I would be worried if my pink bits went red, thats for sure :lol::lol:

Regards
Ian

Kevin

The Ian to Jan69c is a long story.

Regards
Ian

The hitch cover also contributes to security in its own small way. By covering up your hiitch anyone passing cannot see what, if any, measures you have in place and doesn't know how to come equipped to attack it.

Also, if you have the older type of greasy hitch, it can protect you from it and any road muck acquired on the journey.

Bessacarr 645 towed by a BMW X5 Sport (Diesel 23mpg towing 35mpg solo) - I also have a Diesel Toyota Yaris Automatic in an attempt to be a bit green - it's doing over 70mpg on a good run. Shame it won't tow the caravan!!

Happy Caravanning! (& Happy Rallying too!)

The hitch cover also contributes to security in its own small way. By covering up your hiitch anyone passing cannot see what, if any, measures you have in place and doesn't know how to come equipped to attack it.

Also, if you have the older type of greasy hitch, it can protect you from it and any road muck acquired on the journey.

A little note especially if it's stored at home. If there is no way you can check it's not been tampered with just by looking at it, check it regularly. I remember when I was younger my friend's Dad went out to check his just because it was on 'wonky' and discovered the lock had been cut through. Can only pressume they planned to return for the 'van!

Reason for hitch cover - because it'll get cold! :rolleyes:

Edited by lil_me