Van Roof

old van man

any oppinions out there reference the roof on a new van ( 9 months old from new) which when i was cleaning this week has areas about 12/18 inch diamiter which seems NOT to be bonded to the under layer should this be something to worry about or not. Its like giant trapped air bubbles.

You'll need to specify the make, model and model year of the caravan as they don't all use bonded roof construction - the older type of construction is just fixed round the edges.

roger,the van is april 2008. brand new. dont want to name manufacturer at present as there are some ongoing warrenty problems

It's going to be impossible to help without knowing the make/model - your description is perfectly normal for a caravan without a bonded roof - and there are some.

appologies for not getting back sooner roger,the van is a Coachman. Laser 590/4. purchased April 2008. hope this infomation helps many thanks O<V>M

appologies for not getting back sooner roger,the van is a Coachman. Laser 590/4. purchased April 2008. hope this infomation helps many thanks O<V>M

The 2009 Coachman have "laminated roof" according to their brochure - if the 2008 has the same construction then you may have a problem and need to refer to your dealer.

Hi I have a Coachman pastiche 2003 which has the same problem, when I have the awning up the bubble starts at the rear about a foot wide and 2 inch proud of roof then runs down the van getting smaller until it ends in a point by the front side window, was told by Coachman that because its not bonded, that this is normal. damp check each year and no damp yet!

Lunar Delta RS, Ford Explorer. Ford Ranger