Motor Mover Dilema

grasmere59

Hi All,

What should i do? I was in discussion in passing with a chap in my village a while back and he was thinking of giving up caravaning and he had a Powrtouch H/D mover fitted to his single axle van,i said if he was going to give it up,i would buy the mover off him before he sold the van,well i heard nothing for ages so i bought a new Enduro (got a good deal) and have half fitted it (attached to chassis not wired up),well you've guessed it he turned up with the Powrtouch last week for me,i felt obliged to buy it as he had gone to all the trouble to take it off and bring it round to me,anyway the Powrtouch is 16 months old and when i contacted Powrtouch about transferring the remaining warranty to me they want £100 !!,so do i stick with the Enduro with warranty or sell that and keep the Powrtouch with no warranty,i only ask the question as there seems to be so much debate about which mover is the best,

Regards Brett

Edited by grasmere59

2012 Freelander SD4 HSE towing a 2007 Elddis Sunstyle GT 482

Hi All,

What should i do? I was in discussion in passing with a chap in my village a while back and he was thinking of giving up caravaning and he had a Powrtouch H/D mover fitted to his single axle van,i said if he was going to give it up,i would buy the mover off him before he sold the van,well i heard nothing for ages so i bought a new Enduro (got a good deal) and have half fitted it (attached to chassis not wired up),well you've guessed it he turned up with the Powrtouch last week for me,i felt obliged to buy it as he had gone to all the trouble to take it off and bring it round to me,anyway the Powrtouch is 16 months old and when i contacted Powrtouch about transferring the remaining warranty to me they want £100 !!,so do i stick with the Enduro with warranty or sell that and keep the Powrtouch with no warranty,i only ask the question as there seems to be so much debate about which mover is the best,

Regards Brett

Hi Brett,

Why not be honest and tell the chap, or say nothing if you can get your money back on the Enduro and have the Powrtouch fitted. If the Powrtouch was free what do you have to lose?

You could, of course, take the Powrtouch back and tell a white lie that the Powrtouch is not suitable for your 'van.

I would go for the honesty route as then your above reproach,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Perhaps i'll put them both up for sale and whichever sells first i'll keep the other! :P

Why not fit the Powrtouch on one side and the Enduro on the other to do a comparative test :blink:

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

Hi Brett,

Why not be honest and tell the chap, or say nothing if you can get your money back on the Enduro and have the Powrtouch fitted. If the Powrtouch was free what do you have to lose?

You could, of course, take the Powrtouch back and tell a white lie that the Powrtouch is not suitable for your 'van.

I would go for the honesty route as then your above reproach,

Regards,

Ian.

I might be interested in taking the Powertouch if the price is right :D

Cheers

Tez ;)

Why not fit the Powrtouch on one side and the Enduro on the other to do a comparative test :blink:

I have trouble enough finding the remote for the t. v. at home let alone 2 for motor movers :D

I have trouble enough finding the remote for the t. v. at home let alone 2 for motor movers :D

I have my Powrtouch remote on a cord round my neck

2 remotes could increase the stoop considerably :D

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE