Which European For Tall People?

rockmeister

we are looking to buy a new caravan to live in, whilst we tour to the far ends of europe for a year or two, and it makes sense to buy a european for ease of access to dealerships should warranty work be required (I don't want to start an arguement about brit vs europe. ..it's just our decision)...we prefer a two berth arrangement, preferably with a seperate shower, not a 'wetroom' with loo in it, but although we can get close (Geist exclusive for example do a twin berth like this) the stumbling point is always berth length. ...I'm 6'6" and the berths are 5'10"! That's ok for a weekend, but for a year??! :huh:

Can anyone please suggest a euro manufacturer who caters for the tall?

Ta.

we are looking to buy a new caravan to live in, whilst we tour to the far ends of europe for a year or two, and it makes sense to buy a european for ease of access to dealerships should warranty work be required (I don't want to start an arguement about brit vs europe. ..it's just our decision)...we prefer a two berth arrangement, preferably with a seperate shower, not a 'wetroom' with loo in it, but although we can get close (Geist exclusive for example do a twin berth like this) the stumbling point is always berth length. ...I'm 6'6" and the berths are 5'10"! That's ok for a weekend, but for a year??! :huh:

Ta.

well, I guess I shouldn't talk to myself. ..so I went out today and looked again, searched the internet and LO!

So now it's between Fendt (Topas 620WGD) and Hymer (Nova GL 580)

Any experienced opinions of these makes or models very welcomed, but I was VERY suprised to see the prices considering the fit and finish. .. :huh:

Ta.

The Hymer Nova 470 fits your description, though the berths are only 6'6" everything else is as you require. See them at Lowdhams in either Nottingham, Huddersfiled or at Colins leisure world in Reading.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Not really sure about bed length, but our friend is 6' 4" and walks around quite comfortably in our Dethleffs' van. If you make up the double across the front of the van, it is 6' 11".

2003 Autotrail 635SE Mercedes Sprinter, 2011 Hyundai i10

'Life is too short to stuff a mushroom.'

thanks for the opinions so far. Naturally, s. ..s law says that my nearest dealers are at least 100 miles away, but I can buy eveything else after a short walk!

Oh well. ..something to do at the weekends! :D