Looking For 6 Berth With Separate Fridge Freezer?

vanlea73

There are a handful of models with fridge-freezer, the ones I've seen have been in top of the range models - the Bailey Senator used to have a fridge-freezer in one or two models but none of their 2009 range seem to have it.

There are a handful of models with fridge-freezer, the ones I've seen have been in top of the range models - the Bailey Senator used to have a fridge-freezer in one or two models but none of their 2009 range seem to have it.

The Senator series 5 range had them they were dropped for the series 6.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Hi Vanda,

Sorry I can't help but maybe there's no call for them? In fact some of the more modern fridges actually have a removable freezer compartment so you can increase the capacity of the fridge. I would think that you would have better luck trying secondhand 'vans,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Some of the swift & coachman twin axle models have large fridges with seperate freezer - think swift have a six berth but not sure

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

I think some of the Fleetwoods had large fridge freezers, but the company have gone into receivership I think. You could look at second-hand tho'. We've got a Bailey Bretagne series 7 (July 08). The fridge is much bigger than on anyother van before this one. The freezer bit is removable as was mentioned before. On some sites we have been too (with Tents) There are freezer facilities where you could leave your frozen stuff. Hope this helps. .. :rolleyes:

Hi Vanda,

Have you tried looking on www. caravanfinder. co. uk? They have specs, and even videos, of some 'vans and you may see what you want,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Our present van has a large fridge/freezer with seperate compartments its the Dometic RM7605L the fridge is 167 litres and the freezer 30litres.

Regards
Terry Birch
The tourer days are over, we now have an Hobby D500 GESC.

Explorer were the first people to fit fridge freezers in 2005/6 models, im not sure if the "superstorm" layout has a fridge freezer though.

We have a large fridge freezer and it is fantastic, couldnt go back the the smaller combined unit even with a removable freezer shelf.

Would make even more sense on a 6 berth.

Hi there,

We have just taken delivery of a 2009 fleetwood heritage

This has the spec your looking for, Although these will be very difficult

to buy now, But i do believe if your not looking for a new van, older fleetwoods are very similar.

BMW X5 3. 0sd m sport twin turbo. Fleetwood Heritage ES6 (2009) Best car ever owned subaru impreza wr1

• 2 months later...

we have an Elddis crusader superstorm 2009, its a 6 berth, and has a separate fridge freezer ! lovely van with a double bed at the front, a double at the back with 2 bunks above or 2 singles with 2 bunks above. We find it a bit of a struggle to tow as it seems to snake easily !! but its a new van to us last month so still finding out about it. We dont really need 6 berth but love the layout !!

we have an Elddis crusader superstorm 2009, its a 6 berth, and has a separate fridge freezer ! lovely van with a double bed at the front, a double at the back with 2 bunks above or 2 singles with 2 bunks above. We find it a bit of a struggle to tow as it seems to snake easily !! but its a new van to us last month so still finding out about it. We dont really need 6 berth but love the layout !!

i think you need to look at your outfit and find out why you are SNAKING. and also please tell me which road you use.

mike

Edited by outnumbered

KIA SORENTO KX3 2012 Bailey Pageant Limousin SERIES 7 1700 kg

volvo xc70 D5 se

Guest John KS
We find it a bit of a struggle to tow as it seems to snake easily !! but its a new van to us last month so still finding out about it. We dont really need 6 berth but love the layout !!

What are you towing it with? I agree with Mike, please tell us when and where you are away so that we can avoid the route!!!!!!!!!!!

As a twin axle it should tow without any problem if you have the right towing vehicle. Looks like you haven't!!! :o

We looked at a superstorm recently. ... HEAVY! Loved the layout with exception of no separate shower. ..

Alternative could be Twin Axe Avondale Argente 640 - 650/6 - Good 6 berth layouts but cant remember if it had a separate freezer??

Nearly bought an '06 650/6 going for 9. 5k. ...

<p><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';">1995 Mk2 Pajero LWB 2. 8td - <strike>'04 Dart 556/6 - '</strike></span><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';"><strike>02 Sterling Elite Searcher</strike> - '07 Senator Wyoming S5 TA & 1997 ABI Award Northstar</span>

We looked at a superstorm recently. ... HEAVY! Loved the layout with exception of no separate shower. .. ours has a separate shower ?Alternative could be Twin Axe Avondale Argente 640 - 650/6 - Good 6 berth layouts but cant remember if it had a separate freezer??

Nearly bought an '06 650/6 going for 9. 5k. ...

What are you towing it with? I agree with Mike, please tell us when and where you are away so that we can avoid the route!!!!!!!!!!!

As a twin axle it should tow without any problem if you have the right towing vehicle. Looks like you haven't!!! :o

I am towing it with a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4. 7V8 converted to LPG. I have checked the kerbweight etc and this should be a good match for the caravan, however, I am experiencing problems when large vehicles pass, and also when I attempt to overtake larger vehicles, more noticable going downhill. I begin to feel a snake scenario and decelarate. I have checked the nose weight, the towball should be ok for up to 140kg, this is at 75kg. I have also reduced what is carried in the van whilst travelling this has not made any difference. I am seriously considering changing the caravan as I do not feel happy towing it. I am also looking at uprating the springs, I have already fitted new shocks all round. I don't really know what else to do.

I am towing it with a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4. 7V8 converted to LPG. I have checked the kerbweight etc and this should be a good match for the caravan, however, I am experiencing problems when large vehicles pass, and also when I attempt to overtake larger vehicles, more noticable going downhill. I begin to feel a snake scenario and decelarate. I have checked the nose weight, the towball should be ok for up to 140kg, this is at 75kg. I have also reduced what is carried in the van whilst travelling this has not made any difference. I am seriously considering changing the caravan as I do not feel happy towing it. I am also looking at uprating the springs, I have already fitted new shocks all round. I don't really know what else to do.

Crikey, with that towcar you should have a very good towing ratio. I tow a large twin axle and my tow ratio is at 96% it tows as smooth and as straight as I could ever ask of it. Yes when passing or being passed by large vehicles it will pull a little to one side then quickly return to its position but I wouldnt call it a snake. If this is what is happening then I would consider that normal for any caravan. If it really is snaking and moving repeatedly from one side to another then certainly something does seem to be wrong.

I know these are not solutions to snaking and the outfit should be made safe regardless but just out of interest do you have a stabiliser and do you have ATC or similar fitted

Crikey, with that towcar you should have a very good towing ratio. I tow a large twin axle and my tow ratio is at 96% it tows as smooth and as straight as I could ever ask of it. Yes when passing or being passed by large vehicles it will pull a little to one side then quickly return to its position but I wouldnt call it a snake. If this is what is happening then I would consider that normal for any caravan. If it really is snaking and moving repeatedly from one side to another then certainly something does seem to be wrong.

I know these are not solutions to snaking and the outfit should be made safe regardless but just out of interest do you have a stabiliser and do you have ATC or similar fitted

It has the standard winterhoff hitch stabliser, ws3000 i think. We dont have any form of electronic stabliser. Have toyed with the idea of reducing the weight of the van by removing the rear bunks but are concerned if this would have any effect on the stability of the van - or even any effect in reducing weight at all?

thanks

Sarah

I would have thought the noseweight of 75 kg to be a little light - the chassis of the caravan most probably has a limit of 100 kg and I would certainly try the outfit with 90 kg noseweight. If this doesn't make a difference then I would suggest that there is something seriously wrong.

I have a twin axle Elite Explorer with a MTPLM of 1800 kg and it is extremely stable up to 70 mph which is 10 mph above the legal limit on a dual carriageway. My normal cruising speed is between 50 and 60 mph and I have had no instability at all, even when being overtaken by coaches travelling much faster.

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645