Was I Ripped Off?

rugrat2

Just been to a local garage who does calor gas, and paid £23 for a 6Kg propane, Anyone else paid these prices?

Neil. .

Ford Mondeo Titanium x Auto Estate / Bailey Pagent burgundy series 7

Have just been ringing 1 or 2 calor dealers in the area, and they are about £16. 90, to answer my own question I was ripped off royally. ... :angry:

Neil. .

Have just been ringing 1 or 2 calor dealers in the area, and they are about £16. 90, to answer my own question I was ripped off royally. ... :angry:

Is the bottle gold plated, Neil?!!! :D

2011 S Max Titanium Powershift

2011 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive

2011 Swift Conqueror 570 Special Equipment

'If I'd Been Born Thirty Years Later They Would Call It ADHD'

Is the bottle gold plated, Neil?!!! :D

I know why martin, it was Friday 13th so they thought we will deffo make it unlucky for him. .. :D

Neil. .

Calor website gives prices for all cylinders HERE

Those are recommended prices.

Since the abolition of Resale Price Maintenance, retailers can sell products at whatever price they chose - higher or lower than manufacturer's recommended price.

Those are recommended prices.

Since the abolition of Resale Price Maintenance, retailers can sell products at whatever price they chose - higher or lower than manufacturer's recommended price.

Agreed - but if you pay more you're being conned.

Just been quoted £20. 99 for a refill, Calor Lite, by a local dealer who is normally competitive.

Terry

Hi Neil,

Yes you were, now put it down to experience, calm down and take it on the chin. ..............then go back there and stick the Cylinder right up the Manager's Jacksi with the valve turned on, ignite and move to a safe distance :lol:,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

I think it could also be called convenience shopping, likely as not the garage does not or would not make a huge profit on selling for the same price as the full on suppliers, garages sell gas as an add on. If you decide to take them up and purchse at their price then I see it as the buyers fault if he decides later he does not like the deal. Try buying gas from a normal supplier at 10 o'clock at night, you might have a slight problem.

Now if the question you had asked was could I have bought it for less money then of course the answer would be yes. However that would have taken more effort and some research on your behalf, something unfortunately you decided to do after you had carried out the transaction.

Sorry no sympathy from this direction and no running down of the garage for offering a good service, allbeit at a higher price than you might have paid elsewhere.

Did it save you time buying from the garage? would you have used more fuel going and buying from another supplier? These and many questions like this are worth asking yourself rather than getting worried about and extra few quid.

Now as for attacking the manager, how do you know he sets the price? may be done elsewhere.

A garage for anything other than petrol/diesel is in my mind a convenience store and you pay extra for the convenience.

Now as for attacking the manager, how do you know he sets the price? may be done elsewhere.

Hi,

I was joking about attacking the manager! Neil, the OP, and I communicate regularly on here and I'm sure he won't take it literally. Quite apart from that point, we all know the Cylinder would't fit and it maybe dangerous :D .

Good heavens I must stop putting ideas in people's mind :D,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Hi,

I was joking about attacking the manager! Neil, the OP, and I communicate regularly on here and I'm sure he won't take it literally. Quite apart from that point, we all know the Cylinder would't fit and it maybe dangerous :D .

Good heavens I must stop putting ideas in people's mind :D,

Regards,

Ian.

And there's me thinking that Neil would have inserted the cylinder by now. ......... :D

2011 S Max Titanium Powershift

2011 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive

2011 Swift Conqueror 570 Special Equipment

'If I'd Been Born Thirty Years Later They Would Call It ADHD'

I did get the humour, I was just bringing another view into the post.

Hi,

Just light hearted banter from me :D,

Regards,

Ian.

Well thanks lads for all your constructive replys. It was an old woman who sold me the cylinder, so no joy in doing what Ian suggested. . ;) . ..neil

Neil. .

Guest Rimmer

I would print a copy of the prices from the Calor website and take it along with my receipt back to the garage and complain!! There is such thing as trading standards!!

Edited by Rimmer

Well thanks lads for all your constructive replys. It was an old woman who sold me the cylinder, so no joy in doing what Ian suggested. . ;) . ..neil

Hmmmm,

At this point I shall leave this discussion and Google 'Female Anatomy' just in case I missed something in my Human Biology classes :lol:,

regards,

Ian.

I would print a copy of the prices from the Calor website and take it along with my receipt back to the garage and complain!! There is such thing as trading standards!!

Sounds like a simple error to me. The old lady probably misread the line and charged for a higher capacity cylinder. There now, that's me being generous!

Sounds like a simple error to me. The old lady probably misread the line and charged for a higher capacity cylinder. There now, that's me being generous!

Awww you are all heart. .

Neil. .