Aquasource V Aquaroll Mains Adaptor ?

I use an Aquaroll mains adaptor wherever possible but for less than £40 I saw an Aquasource today which fits straight on to the van to (to the housing where you plug in the whale submersible pump). I assume these have some kind of built in pressure reducer. Seems a nice neat solution, dispensing with the aquaroll. Have I got this right? Anyone use one?

Regards

David, Callum and Connor (NRF)

i tried one once it did not seem to give the pressure to run the shower it dribbled out

so i made my own device up to fit on aquaroll bottle keeps it 1/2 full all the time

at 1/4 of the cost

Guest john1215
I use an Aquaroll mains adaptor wherever possible but for less than £40 I saw an Aquasource today which fits straight on to the van to (to the housing where you plug in the whale submersible pump). I assume these have some kind of built in pressure reducer. Seems a nice neat solution, dispensing with the aquaroll. Have I got this right? Anyone use one?

Regards

14001[/snapback]

Do I assume correctly that you connect your aquaroll to the mains tap most of the time. I'm not having a go but just wondered, does that mean that you always have to site your van within spitting distance of a water tap so that the water is always on. ?

john1215

New Ranger Family,

Glad to see this post today!

We are booked on a serviced pitch at Troutbeck Hill this weekend and I thought our only option was to by the Aquaroll mains adaptor. It would be good if there was a less bulky/cheaper alternative.

Buy the way, how easy is the Aquaroll mains adaptor to set up? Does it come with the necessary hose and tap fittings?

Thanks in advance,

The Hodkys

Hi John

The aquasource is meant to be used on fully serviced pitches where you have a tap to hand at all times. You would use it INSTEAD of the aquaroll. It fits on the end of a length of hose and connects directly to the water inlet of the caravan. It contains a pressure reducing valve so that mains water pressure is not entering the caravan.

They seem like a good idea but I have read that if they fail they will leak INSIDE the caravan. Seems safer to me to retain the aquaroll with the mains adaptor inside it. If there are any problems with this the leak will be outside the van.

New Ranger Family,

Glad to see this post today!

We are booked on a serviced pitch at Troutbeck Hill this weekend and I thought our only option was to by the Aquaroll mains adaptor. It would be good if there was a less bulky/cheaper alternative.

Buy the way,  how easy is the Aquaroll mains adaptor to set up? Does it come with the necessary hose and tap fittings?

Thanks in advance,

The Hodkys

14076[/snapback]

Have a look at http://www. aquaroll. com/acatalog/index. html it seems that the kit is complete BUT only for the 40 litre version :rolleyes:

Hi John

The aquasource is meant to be used on fully serviced pitches where you have a tap to hand at all times. You would use it INSTEAD of the aquaroll. It fits on the end of a length of hose and connects directly to the water inlet of the caravan. It contains a pressure reducing valve so that mains water pressure is not entering the caravan.

They seem like a good idea but I have read that if they fail they will leak INSIDE the caravan. Seems safer to me to retain the aquaroll with the mains adaptor inside it. If there are any problems with this the leak will be outside the van.

14077[/snapback]

Got there before me, Bob!

I think it would be better to have a problem with the Aquaroll overflowing if the ball-cock failed, rather than a leak in the caravan. We have an Aquasource fitting that came with the van but have never used it - prefer to use the Aquaroll/ballcock set-up because of the above.

Got there before me, Bob!

I think it would be better to have a problem with the Aquaroll overflowing if the ball-cock failed, rather than a leak in the caravan.   We have an Aquasource fitting that came with the van but have never used it - prefer to use the Aquaroll/ballcock set-up because of the above.

14091[/snapback]

Can't argue with that! We use the mains adaptor with our Aquaroll, tap permitting. We also try to remember to switch off the pump when we go out just in case we get a leak in the van.

Yossa

I too have used the aquasource to my disappointment. It only managed a dribble inside the van. I even bought the extension hose to go with it as I needed this first time out. Now, if on fully serviced pitch I simply run the hose into the aquaroll and fill up when I need to. Just saves lugging the water. One day I might invest in a mains adaptor but would certainly not recommend the aquasource from my own experience.

I too have used the aquasource to my disappointment. It only managed a dribble inside the van. I even bought the extension hose to go with it as I needed this first time out. Now, if on fully serviced pitch I simply run the hose into the aquaroll and fill up when I need to. Just saves lugging the water. One day I might invest in a mains adaptor but would certainly not recommend the aquasource from my own experience.

14094[/snapback]

We have used a Whale Aquasource and a Carver Waterline with our 'van. They both deliver lower pressure than the submersible pump. The Waterline is supplied with 15m of rigid hose whereas the Aquasource has 7. 5m of layflat. The big advantage of these is that you don't need a water container. There is an issue that if they do fail, they could, potentially, flood the caravan. We have seen some very high mains pressures in France. We sell an Aquaroll mains water kit on E-Bay with 15m of food grade hose (garden hose could taint the water) but it is possible to do this yourself, providing you can get the parts at a reasonable price. Have a look in top tips on 'how to' (might be on the old site). The 7. 5m supplied with the FL Hitchman kit is often not long enough.

The ideal solution would be 15m of food grade lay-flat hose but this doesn't come cheap - unless somebody out there knows different.

Mike

. .............The ideal solution would be 15m of food grade lay-flat hose but this doesn't come cheap - unless somebody out there knows different.

14112[/snapback]

Food grade (blue) hose is not the easiest of things to source. .......

Can't argue with that! We use the mains adaptor with our Aquaroll, tap permitting. We also try to remember to switch off the pump when we go out just in case we get a leak in the van.

Yossa

14093[/snapback]

Even using an aquaroll on its own, we tend to turn the pump off when we go out. Seen a few pumps get damaged running dry when someone hasn't realised that the tap is not fully off. .. Fortunately, the water just run through the system straight into a wastemaster!!!!

Hi

when we go on sites that have the facility of fresh water on hand (i. e super pitches) we connect a mini ballvalve to our aqua roll, cost about 12ish quid to make with the hose pipe, ok its not a food quality hose but we don't drink from the aqua rolls, so we have the facility to be permantly connected at a very reasonable cost, because the conversion kit does seem a bit pricey at around 45 quid.

Just got mine for £36 from Towsure with their show offer of 10% off and free postage. A BIT better than £45.

14149[/snapback]

Make up your own.

A torbeck valve from screwfix or a diy place about £6. 00. Make a hole in the screw cap for the aqua roll to fit the valve through. (Be careful when you make the hole as the valve will be a tight fit through the side opening of the aquaroll.) Some food quality hose, (towsure sell it £1 a metre. I used the red hose as it was reinforced.) A few brass hose connectors to connect the hose to the tap at one end and the torbeck valve at the other and bobs your uncle.

Total cost for me was under £25 which included 15 metres of hose and not the poxy 7. 5 that you get with the proper kit.

Price to buy this from towsure, £55. (You would need to buy the hose extension to give you 15 metres.

Hope this helps.

Make up your own.

A torbeck valve from screwfix or a diy place about £6. 00. Make a hole in the screw cap for the aqua roll to fit the valve through. (Be careful when you make the hole as the valve will be a tight fit through the side opening of the aquaroll.) Some food quality hose, (towsure sell it £1 a metre. I used the red hose as it was reinforced.) A few brass hose connectors to connect the hose to the tap at one end and the torbeck valve at the other and bobs your uncle.

Total cost for me was under £25 which included 15 metres of hose and not the poxy 7. 5  that you get with the proper kit.

Price to buy this from towsure, £55. (You would need to buy the hose extension to give you 15 metres.

Hope this helps.

14165[/snapback]

I was looking at these mini torbeck bsall valves in B&Q tonight, £9.

I was thinking of using some of the flat roll away hosepipes that can be had connected to the valve, to minimise bulk & weight.

We've not used many full service pitches but the ones we have the H2O hasn't always been palatable anyway, so wouldn't miss the lack of food grade hosing etc. Besides, not sure if the ball valve would be food grade anyway??

Regards

14001[/snapback]

We also tried the Aquasource and then returned it to the dealer as there was no pressure in the van. Purchased the Aquaroll adaptor and have not looked back.

I was looking at these mini torbeck bsall valves in B&Q tonight, £9.

I was thinking of using some of the flat roll away hosepipes that can be had connected to the valve, to minimise bulk & weight.

We've not used many full service pitches but the ones we have the H2O hasn't always been palatable anyway, so wouldn't miss the lack of food grade hosing etc. Besides, not sure if the ball valve would be food grade anyway??

14214[/snapback]

The ballvalve would be acceptable for food grade, this type of ballvalve is fitted in alot of house hold applications,

Guest john1215
Hi John

14077[/snapback]

Bob,

I'm interested in this subject and what I was really asking is, aren't super pitches few and far between? or are there plenty of pitches that will allow you to have your own tap to make this setup worthwhile and what is the cost of these superpitches as opposed to the cost of an ordinary pitch and is the extra cost worth it.

john1215

I think super pitches are becoming more popular - for our planned trip of three weeks this June/July I have noticed that 3 out of the 4 sites we intend visiting have super pitches. This maybe because for our main holiday we like to book "posh" sites?? I don't know. For short trips away we go for small CLs etc.

It is also easier to get ON the super pitches if you holiday out of school holiday times. Fortunately we are able to do that now I am retired. :D

Bob,

I'm interested in this subject and what I was really asking is, aren't super pitches few and far between? or are there plenty of pitches that will allow you to have your own tap to make this setup worthwhile and what is the cost of these superpitches as opposed to the cost of an ordinary pitch and is the extra cost worth it.

john1215

14370[/snapback]

We have booked on an adult’s only park with a super-pitch and hard standing for the three days over Aug bank holiday.

It costs £80 and includes a hog roast.

We have booked the same place Nov 5th for 2 days, a hog roast and firework display for £60.

We think it's a bargain.

Regards

14001[/snapback]

We had the mains adaptor supplied with the caravan. Works fine but pressure is not as good as internal pump. Could save you carrying the fresh water barrel, but if you book a super pitch and there is a problem and have to be move to a non-super pitch and don't have a water barrel you could be stumped.

I could of been when turned up on a site after booking a super pitch that was so slopping that there was no way the caravan would fit on it. I was moved to a standard pitch.

Advice - Get a system that utilises the water barrel !!!

We have booked on an adult’s only park with a super-pitch and hard standing for the three days over Aug bank holiday.

It costs £80 and includes a hog roast.

We have booked the same place Nov 5th for 2 days, a hog roast and firework display for £60.

We think it's a bargain.

14427[/snapback]

Hmm I would think that this site is in Cambridgehire north east of Huntingdon

Regards

14001[/snapback]

We have used both Aquasource and the type that feeds into the auqaroll. Never had a good good supply with the Aquasource & heard stories of the reducer failing and water everywhere. Change to the 'ballcock' system contained in the aquaroll & never had any problems.