Bristol Hot Air Balloon Festival

Hi

Can anyone recommend a site near the Bristol Hot Air Balloon Festival?. We are new to caravanning therefore have not yet built up a portfolio of sights.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Sandie

they have a site opposite ashton court (dont know who run it) also weston super mare is only about twelve miles away hope this helps bill

Living in the area your choice is very limited.

Baltic Wharf CC Site is within easy walking distance of the Ashton court estate where the festival is held. At this stage would think it is fully booked as it is for most weekends of the year. The site takes non members of the CC, Might be worth a direct phone call to site to check!

As previously mentioned several farmers/landowners around the perimeter of Ashton Court let out there fields to various caravan/motorhome clubs and I believe the Avon CC Section hold a rally in the area every year of the Balloon fiesta.

The CC site in the Chew valley is another option but several miles distant . A site on the A370 at Congresbury [the Oaks? is only a short drive away and one farther down the A38 at Churchill, other than that your down at the Brean area.

As regards the fiesta itself well worth a visit [ascents are generally at 0600 and 1800] but lots of arena events take placethroughout the day [last year the red arrows etc etc] The entry is free you only pay to park your car, so if you park away and walk in its totally free!

This is by far and away the largest balloon fiesta in the UK and I believe Europe with the mass ascents seeing over 100 balloons taking to the skys.

Bristol is very proud of this event and is also home to one of the worlds top Balloon makers Camerons Balloons, if you have not been its well worth it.

The only downside is that it is a weather dependant activity so fingers have to be kept crossed throughout the four days of the event.

Oh I nearly forgot on the Thursday and Saturday nights after the mass ascents the nightglow takes place where the balloons are tethered and they flash their burners in time to music, an amazing sight!

Dave

Living in the area your choice is very limited.

Baltic Wharf CC Site is within easy walking distance of the Ashton court estate where the festival is held. At this stage would think it is fully booked as it is for most weekends of the year. The site takes non members of the CC, Might be worth a direct phone call to site to check!

As previously mentioned several farmers/landowners around the perimeter of Ashton Court let out there fields to various caravan/motorhome clubs and I believe the Avon CC Section hold a rally in the area every year of the Balloon fiesta.

The CC site in the Chew valley is another option but several miles distant . A site on the A370 at Congresbury [the Oaks? is only a short drive away and one farther down the A38 at Churchill, other than that your down at the Brean area.

As regards the fiesta itself well worth a visit [ascents are generally at 0600 and 1800] but lots of arena events take placethroughout the day [last year the red arrows etc etc] The entry is free you only pay to park your car, so if you park away and walk in its totally free!

This is by far and away the largest balloon fiesta in the UK and I believe Europe with the mass ascents seeing over 100 balloons taking to the skys.

Bristol is very proud of this event and is also home to one of the worlds top Balloon makers Camerons Balloons, if you have not been its well worth it.

The only downside is that it is a weather dependant activity so fingers have to be kept crossed throughout the four days of the event.

Oh I nearly forgot on the Thursday and Saturday nights after the mass ascents the nightglow takes place where the balloons are tethered and they flash their burners in time to music, an amazing sight!

Dave

Edited by DAVEBELCANTO

The best venue is Ashton Park School. That is if you belong to the caravan club. It is only a short walk down a footpath and past a pub to the entrance. You haven't got to worry about car parking and traffic jams

Avon centre

Bristolfiesta

We have been going to the Bristol balloon Festival for the last four years, and we always have a good time. They have a good firework display Thursday night, and Saturday night, if you want to go to it. You have to book early, we have already booked, and did I mention the PUB with a nice beer garden.

Rob :)