Replacing Taps For Microswitch Controlled Ones

rdover

I've got fed up with the dodgy water pressure switch (and it's brand new replacement) and want to move over to microswitch controlled ones. Is it as easy as wiring the microswitch to the Truma Mk2 connection for the pump (or the isolator switch on the wall)?

Supplementary Q. What's recommended to buy and where from?

I've got fed up with the dodgy water pressure switch (and it's brand new replacement) and want to move over to microswitch controlled ones. Is it as easy as wiring the microswitch to the Truma Mk2 connection for the pump (or the isolator switch on the wall)?

Supplementary Q. What's recommended to buy and where from?

You'll need to replace the taps with micro switched ones then run the power to the switches then to the pump. Maybe a trip to you local caravan dealer is in order. At least you can see what you are buying close up.

I've found a local shop that has a variety of inexpensive replacements. I take it I don't need relays etc but simply a +ve control wire with -ve terminating to the chassis? I only want to replace 2 of the 3 taps ie kitchen and bathroom but not the shower (which I don't use) so will that work simply enough?

I've found a local shop that has a variety of inexpensive replacements. I take it I don't need relays etc but simply a +ve control wire with -ve terminating to the chassis? I only want to replace 2 of the 3 taps ie kitchen and bathroom but not the shower (which I don't use) so will that work simply enough?

Why not (get) fix(ed) properly what you already have? :huh:

Lunar Delta 520/2 towed by Omega 3. 0 Elite

The pressure switch is very flaky when on battery and the 2 taps that I intend replacing are pretty dodgy anyway (the bathroom one falls apart if you look at it funny). The new tap sets are about £16 each and I can fit them myself easily as they use exactly the same holes.

I have used microswitched taps before and they simply worked. I like that idea!

Low voltage wiring (12v) in caravans doesn't have an (earth) return through the chassis, unlike cars, it's fully wired back to the -ve terminals on the battery and/or low voltage power supply.

Many accessory shops only stock the microswitched version of taps - these can be used in microswitched systems, obviously, but also in pressure switched systems simply by ignoring the switches in the taps.

The pressure switch is very flaky when on battery and the 2 taps that I intend replacing are pretty dodgy anyway (the bathroom one falls apart if you look at it funny). The new tap sets are about £16 each and I can fit them myself easily as they use exactly the same holes.

I have used microswitched taps before and they simply worked. I like that idea!

I have to agree, I'm not a great fan of the pressurised system. You have to set up the pressure switch on battery only as the voltage is slightly lower otherwise the pump may not switch off which I guess is what you're experiencing. I think a flow sensor would be much better than a pressure switch as it would be either on or off.