Should We Change The Kia?

Hi,

Just short of 12 months ago, my wife bought a brand new KIA. No deposit, 0% finance, five years. We were thinking to change it after 3 years.

She phone KIA dealer yesterday. The sales lady THINKS that she can change it for a new one, pay an extra £10 per month, same terms. She is investigating and will get back to us.

An extra £10 per month? Thats £120 per year.

But it avoids a £150 service (imminent), and reduces the road tax by about £90 (also imminent). If I was Gordon, I would regard that as getting a new car and making a profit. :rolleyes:

But. ..but. ..it means a new car before prices rise. And the lo-tax car may trade in better, when the time comes, than her present car.

Hmmmmmmmmm!

I would. ............. for a tenner a month, I'd have her arm off!! :D

I guess it shows how bad things are out there at the moment. .........

Martin

2011 S Max Titanium Powershift

2011 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive

2011 Swift Conqueror 570 Special Equipment

'If I'd Been Born Thirty Years Later They Would Call It ADHD'

Guest iancjc

If they let you off the current finance penalty free then it's a no brainer.

Go for it - you effectively get a further year under warranty on the car as well

Sounds too good to be true but if it's correct then go for it.

Hi,

Saleslady phoned back, said she can offer more for the trade-in than she first though. Bad news is that finance company now insist on only four and a half years payments, so it is now £20 a month extra. But first year road tax is included in OTR price. ....all £35 of it. Also the Chill only comes in metalic, its a £350 extra on the Ice. Metalic will give a better trade in when the time comes?

Barbara has gone for it, collect new car 12months to day after her last one. 25th March. No money changing hands. Deal includes 7 days insurance on new car, but that won't be needed.

Saleslady says they are rushed off their feet.

Nice one 602!

Even at £20 per month it's a bargain.

Hope Barbara enjoys her new Kia.

Hi, The brochure says the new KIA has a CD player with IP3 facilities.

Whats one of the, then?

602 (techno wimp)

Hi

It means it IPod connectivity. If Barbara has an IPod, she can connect it to the stereo and play her downloaded music.

Martin

Hi

It means it IPod connectivity. If Barbara has an IPod, she can connect it to the stereo and play her downloaded music.

Martin

Hi Martin,

You assume too much. Whats an Ipod? She doesn't have one, never seen one. But if she got one, could she listen to it in my Land Rover, wearing headphones. (I did suggest ear-defenders but she wasn't impressed). Anyway, thats her birthday present sorted. :rolleyes:

Hi Martin,

You assume too much. Whats an Ipod? She doesn't have one, never seen one. But if she got one, could she listen to it in my Land Rover, wearing headphones. (I did suggest ear-defenders but she wasn't impressed). Anyway, thats her birthday present sorted. :rolleyes:

It may be a miss print and meant to say MP3, which is a format for music files which can be copied to a CD or dedicated MP3 player and then played by the car stereo.

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

Hi Martin,

Bonus, 602! The good ladies Birthday Present sorted out too. ......result!!

Martin ;)