Faulty 2008 Vogue 495 Dealer A Waste Of Time

jmsgas

I have sent an email to aspacey@swiftleisure. co. uk yesterday but no reply yet. .(Technical director)..

We also phoned Customer Services at Swift and was referred to Head of Complaints and was waiting for a call back today, but nothing yet. .

Its gone on for to long now with this Discover (newport)..we have been let down by them and has spoilt the pleasure of owning a so called luxury caravan. We previouly owned a lunar 96 model and it was fantastic. . no problems and we had a joy owing it.

I have sent an email to aspacey@swiftleisure. co. uk yesterday but no reply yet. .(Technical director)..

We also phoned Customer Services at Swift and was referred to Head of Complaints and was waiting for a call back today, but nothing yet. .

Its gone on for to long now with this Discover (newport)..we have been let down by them and has spoilt the pleasure of owning a so called luxury caravan. We previouly owned a lunar 96 model and it was fantastic. . no problems and we had a joy owing it.

Hi Bevan99,

That is my email address, I received it yesterday - sorry didn't make the link.

I passed it over to our customer services team, I will investigate first think and make sure someone responds,

Sorry for the confusion,

Andy Spacey

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks

Thanks Andy. We made a site visit at Newport Discover this evening and we wanted something done. . Our money back. . Their Service Team tried to pass the buck again saying that the person who is dealing with it was in a meeting. . That made me blow a fuse and I refused to leave the site until it was sorted. . They made phones calls to senior management up North somewhere and I had a long phone call with Mr XXX. .He is going to review it and write to us.

They told me back in October/Nov that Swift was on site at Newport carrying out a full report. . and all work has been given the go ahead. .(does Swift do this??) was a full report done. .. I dont believe what they are saying now. ..All respect has gone down the drain. . We would love to have a new Swift Luxury Caravan, not this one. .

Thanks Andy. We made a site visit at Newport Discover this evening and we wanted something done. . Our money back. . Their Service Team tried to pass the buck again saying that the person who is dealing with it was in a meeting. . That made me blow a fuse and I refused to leave the site until it was sorted. . They made phones calls to senior management up North somewhere and I had a long phone call with Mr XXX. .He is going to review it and write to us.

They told me back in October/Nov that Swift was on site at Newport carrying out a full report. . and all work has been given the go ahead. .(does Swift do this??) was a full report done. .. I dont believe what they are saying now. ..All respect has gone down the drain. . We would love to have a new Swift Luxury Caravan, not this one. .

Hi Bevan99

Yes we do sometimes send an engineer out to a dealer to inspect a caravan, but we can confirm this from our records. I apologise for the mix up earlier I will make sure you get a call in the morning,

Andy Spacey

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks

Andy, it would have been nice to have had a reply from the email I sent yesterday stating this. .

Look forward to dealing with your or your Team tomorrow. . I would like things sorted. .just want to make it clear we dont want to keep this NEW caravan, we have no looks on it and we will not enjoy using it fearing more faults will occur and more time being wasted in the workshop. . Hope you can help us this time. . We have gave Discover time but its going to far now 6 months is rubbish. .

Andy, it would have been nice to have had a reply from the email I sent yesterday stating this. .

Look forward to dealing with your or your Team tomorrow. . I would like things sorted. .just want to make it clear we dont want to keep this NEW caravan, we have no looks on it and we will not enjoy using it fearing more faults will occur and more time being wasted in the workshop. . Hope you can help us this time. . We have gave Discover time but its going to far now 6 months is rubbish. .

I must say Swift did phone us today and is looking into the matter, I hope we get it resolved next week. Also got a solicitor phoning us Monday morning who is considering taking our case on. Discover has put us through alot of stress and anxiety that I cant take much more to be honest.

If anyone is from South Wales. . "The Ferret" ITV consumer programme phoned us this evening wanting to know more about this saga. Getting all my emails/letters so they can review it. . Watch this space. . I am sorry it has got this but Discover you have pushed me to the limit!!.. All we wanted back in September is over money back. . but you havent listened to us or played fair. .

Guest John KS

I would back off and let Swift sort it out or you will be digging a bigger hole than you are already in . ....methinks!!!!!!!

I have great faith in Swift as do many others on this forum.

I too have an issue with Discover since they serviced our van last week but I will go and discuss it with them tomorrow (Quietly!!!!)

I would back off and let Swift sort it out or you will be digging a bigger hole than you are already in . ....methinks!!!!!!!

I have great faith in Swift as do many others on this forum.

I too have an issue with Discover since they serviced our van last week but I will go and discuss it with them tomorrow (Quietly!!!!)

Back off from what?? would you wait 6 months?? and still get told they are waiting for parts. . Iam not digging a big hole and Iam well within my rights. .I havent got a problem with Swift. . Its Discover (newport) I have the problems with. .

It was nice to have somebody from Swift to call us who said they would look into it further. . Thanks Andy. .

We have been dealing with Discover (Quietly) the past 6 months. . Just sick and tired of chasing and wasting our time. .

Guest John KS
Back off from what?? would you wait 6 months?? and still get told they are waiting for parts. . Iam not digging a big hole and Iam well within my rights. .I havent got a problem with Swift. . Its Discover (newport) I have the problems with. .

It was nice to have somebody from Swift to call us who said they would look into it further. . Thanks Andy. .

We have been dealing with Discover (Quietly) the past 6 months. . Just sick and tired of chasing and wasting our time. .

Sorry Bevan but I would not have waited 6 weeks let alone 6 months. I would have contacted Swift long before that. Discover are not the best of companies to deal with as I think they suffer from taking over staff who are not up to the job. I have been today to sort out my problems which were service based and it would appear that I may have solved them.

I bet Swift will solve yours soon.

Sorry Bevan but I would not have waited 6 weeks let alone 6 months. I would have contacted Swift long before that. Discover are not the best of companies to deal with as I think they suffer from taking over staff who are not up to the job. I have been today to sort out my problems which were service based and it would appear that I may have solved them.

I bet Swift will solve yours soon.

John. . why are you having a go at me and why are you so concerned?? do you work for Discover?? I wonder from your previous comments. . Iam glad you have sorted things out with yours, go and enjoy your Weekend breaks and holidays. . if they have staffing issues then the Customer shouldnt have to suffer!! especially paying nearly £20K. .

We did contact Swift in December and was told it was upto Discover to deal with the situtation. . which they havent. .and time has clearly shown this. . Hundreds of emails and phone calls asking for updates does show they are not up to the job. . When we was deciding on a van they said the van would come with a comprehensive warranty and their on site workshops are second to none. . :o What a joke. .

All the long we wanted our money back. ..(back in september).. Things will go on. .

Guest John KS

Bevan. ...I am not having a go at you but I think you appear to have got into a hole with Discover. Lots have tried to help but you have not taken up the offers. You have never said what was wrong with your van in the first place. Put as all out of our misery and spill the beans!!!!

I must say Swift did phone us today and is looking into the matter, I hope we get it resolved next week. Also got a solicitor phoning us Monday morning who is considering taking our case on. Discover has put us through alot of stress and anxiety that I cant take much more to be honest.

If anyone is from South Wales. . "The Ferret" ITV consumer programme phoned us this evening wanting to know more about this saga. Getting all my emails/letters so they can review it. . Watch this space. . I am sorry it has got this but Discover you have pushed me to the limit!!.. All we wanted back in September is over money back. . but you havent listened to us or played fair. .

Hi Bevan,

This is me with my Moderators hat on.

John is quite right in that it is for the dealer to resolve the issue as per the Sale of Goods Act, however Swift have now made contact with you and should be given a chance to help resolve any issues.

If you have a problem, whilst it can be beneficial to get advice from forums like Caravan Talk, by the post above you are involving consumer programmes and may resort to legal action, for your own good it might be time to keep your own council on this, as continuing to aire this on a public forum will not help a legal case and could jepordise any claim you may make.

Can I suggest that now you have a contact and an e-mail address for Swift, that you now deal directly with them rather than via the forum.

I am not trying to stop you posting, I am just trying to offer advice in what is clearly an upsetting situation you find yourself in.

GPS

Very sound -- advice. ..

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold ?) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Bevan. ...I am not having a go at you but I think you appear to have got into a hole with Discover. Lots have tried to help but you have not taken up the offers. You have never said what was wrong with your van in the first place. Put as all out of our misery and spill the beans!!!!

Seem a bit harsh, especially as it appears BEVAN99 and the original poster jmsgas and others are having very poor service form this discover dealer, It seems this hole is getting rather crowded

Seem a bit harsh, especially as it appears BEVAN99 and the original poster jmsgas and others are having very poor service form this discover dealer, It seems this hole is getting rather crowded

Any problems portrayed on this forum have no bearing what so ever in a court of law! If anyone has any problems they are within their right to post them here, it's still a free country. The only proviso is they are a true account, as they see it. And as forum members we can give as much advice as we can. However, it would be beneficial to know what the problems are so as we can provide a measured response. I myself have had problems with the Discover group but by being objective and keeping my cool have had an excellent response from Discover and I am highly satisfied.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

Archived