Stop Overs In France

Hi I am making plans to drive from Le Harve to Spain in June but am looking for two stopovers on the way down, The first around Bourges and the second near Beziers. If anyone can come forward with a campsite they may know prefably not too far from a motorway exit would be very grateful. Any tips that fellow caravaners have if they've done the trip would also be very welcome

thks

Hi I am making plans to drive from Le Harve to Spain in June but am looking for two stopovers on the way down, The first around Bourges and the second near Beziers. If anyone can come forward with a campsite they may know prefably not too far from a motorway exit would be very grateful. Any tips that fellow caravaners have if they've done the trip would also be very welcome

thks

Municipal at Pezenas, at end of A75, fives minutes from A9 autoroute, 15 minutes from Beziers. . Basic, clean and cheap for stopover.

Municipal at Pezenas, at end of A75, fives minutes from A9 autoroute, 15 minutes from Beziers. . Basic, clean and cheap for stopover.

THks bee jay looked at that one don't suppose you or anyone stayed at the municipal site in bourges by any chance

THks bee jay looked at that one don't suppose you or anyone stayed at the municipal site in bourges by any chance

I have stayed at Bourges but it was some time ago, it's probably changed since then. Go to www. multimap. com and enter the campsite address . When the map comes up you can click on "aerial" and, hopefully, "birdseye" will be available. This will give you the opportunity to rotate the birdseye view through 360° and see the site layout. .The Multimap site seems to have clearer aerial pictures than google Earth. Dishpointer does the same.

Edit: here is the bourges campsite Bourges Camping but it was closed at the time.

Edited by beejay

Vatan Municipal on the A20. The A20 is non peage most of the way down as an added bonus. Peage section north of Cahors. Very nice facilities in a "Village Etape"

Or if you want to stick to the A71 Vallon en Sully another municipal, junction 9 Montlucon turn off. More basic facilities but quite relaxing.

Both minutes from either autoroute always room never need to book for a 18. 00 arrival.

Both used from an 8. 00 am arrival boat in Le Havre.

Edited by Fenester

Camping Municipal Forge Vielle at Sauvian is just off the Beziers Ouest exit on the A9. Head towards Beziers then right and right again towards Serignan and follow the signs.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Vatan Municipal on the A20. The A20 is non peage most of the way down as an added bonus. Peage section north of Cahors. Very nice facilities in a "Village Etape"

Or if you want to stick to the A71 Vallon en Sully another municipal, junction 9 Montlucon turn off. More basic facilities but quite relaxing.

Both minutes from either autoroute always room never need to book for a 18. 00 arrival.

Both used from an 8. 00 am arrival boat in Le Havre.

Thanks for the info am undecided whether to take the risk of a one stop on the way down or break it up into two driven loads of miles over the years with the car but wary of the caravan as first time abroad with it, if you got any views would be grateful. .....thks vm for the info

Depends on how long you've got. If like me you're retired, I would stop at least twice each way, probably more. Even years ago when I had at best 3-4 wks off work, I wouldn't go as far as the Spanish border without at least 3 each way!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

I recommend Camping Municipal de Montreal about 35km south of Limoges, 5km from the A20. It is very beautiful and peaceful and there is a lovely walk around the lake. The restaurant was recommended to us by friends who ate there but when we went in early June 2003, the restaurant hadn't opened for the season. The site is recommended by Alan Rogers.

http://www. en. camping. fr/Fiche/5228/Camping-de-Montreal. html

Lunar Clubman 475EK towed by Vauxhall Zafira Design 1. 9Cdti 150

Thanks for the info am undecided whether to take the risk of a one stop on the way down or break it up into two driven loads of miles over the years with the car but wary of the caravan as first time abroad with it, if you got any views would be grateful. .....thks vm for the info

I would say two stops. ... The campsites recommended we use as an over night from Le Havre so that means a 9. 30 departure after clearing the port customs etc with a short break for lunch gets you into either site late afternoon early evening. Route is evreue dreux chartres join A10 and then pick up the autoroute of your choices south. In my opinion Beziers will be far too south for one day from Le Havre with a caravan but each to his own. France is a big country the autoroutes just go on and on and can be quite tiring. Driving abroad even for the experienced is always more stressful and fatiguing.

We stayed at the Bourges campsite for one night last September. It's close to the autoroute, just on the outskirts of the town. Pitches are quite big and each has it's own water supply and drain. If approaching the site from the town, the entry requires a left hand turn, but it's necessary to turn right then cross the road which is controlled by traffic lights. A button needs to be pressed to operate them - that I discovered after a long wait!

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com